Safe ≫ Scourge x Male! Kit! Reader (PLATONIC)

Art: AngelDalet

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Mentioned abandonment
• Mentioned violence
• Scourge being Scourge
• Some frightening/intense moments

This was requested by BESTIES1221. I hope you find your one-shot to be enjoyable!

****

The shadows seemed to stretch on forever, reaching towards you like black claws. You swallowed, subconsciously moving closer to the foreleg of your father figure. Said father figure—who had taken you in after your biological mother abandoned you—was none other than the infamous leader of BloodClan, otherwise known as Scourge. Despite his name and famed reputation in the twolegplace, he really wasn't all that bad. Sure, he ripped trespassers' ears open with his bone—studded claws and hardly spoke to any cat except you, but he wasn't the vicious, bloodthirsty monster the other strays made him out to be. At least, he had never shown that side of himself to you. You were somewhat grateful for that.

"Um...W-why are we here again...?" You meowed nervously, slowly removing your gaze from the endless sprawl of dark trees to glance up at the black—and—white tom. "...You s-said we w-were going to f-find some m-m-more f-f-food..." You had begun to tremble awhile ago, the crisp cold of the leaf—fall air creeping into your fur.

Scourge kept his ice—blue gaze forward, not sparing you so much as a glance. "We are." He meowed coldly, his voice matching the dark and empty feeling of the air around you.

You glanced down at your paws, watching as the stiff grass passed by beneath them for a moment. "...I-I d-don't see a-any f-f-food here..." You replied, spiking your fur against the icy chill and casting a quick glance around. There really wasn't any sort of food in sight. The forest clearing you were in was completely devoid of any scrap piles or half—eaten meat; not even a single sickly rat scurried past, and you were confused. Why does he think we're going to find food here?

"There is food here," Scourge insisted icily, breaking his straightforward gaze for a split heartbeat to cast you an annoyed glare. "But if you don't stop talking, it will run away." You were even more confused now, but you didn't dare question the BloodClan leader further. He already seem rather tense. You decided it was best not to speak anymore, instead staring forward like your father—figure was doing. What kind of food runs away?

You reached the edge of the trees and emerged onto a wide—open stretch of moorland, it's stiff golden stalks drenched in eerie silver moonlight. "Stop." Scourge commanded quietly. You did just that, turning to look at him as you awaited further instruction. There was no instructions, however, only an ominous mutter. "Do you hear that?"

You strained your ears for a good minute or two, but all you could hear was the whispering night breeze. You turned back to Scourge timidly, offering a small shake of your head. "...N-no...?"

Scourge flattened his ears, and you saw the muscles in his jaw tighten. "There's a rabbit downhill," He explained with more patience than usual. "Go and catch it." With that, the black—and—white tom turned and stalked towards a tumble of rocks, seemingly to find his own catch.

You stayed frozen in place, fear gripping you like icy claws. You had only been in the forest one other time, and that was in broad daylight with Brick and Bone. You had never been in the middle of the night before, and the silence and creeping shadows were proving to be especially unnerving when you were alone.

You glanced at the rock pile where Scourge had gone, but there was no sign of him. He had always been good at blending in with the darkness. You were tempted to call out to him, but some primal instinct told you that making any noise was a bad idea. I'll just find the, uh... You struggled to remember what Scourge had told you to find for a moment, as you weren't very familiar with forest food. ...the rabbit. Yeah. I'll just go find the rabbit.

You began making your way down the small slope, digging your tiny claws into the hard soil to avoid slipping. You had just reached the bottom when a brown shape darted in front of you, disappearing between two clumps of spiky bushes. Your heart fluttered slightly, as the sudden movement had startled you. You didn't know much about rabbits, but you were certain the small animal sitting slightly obscured by the golden heather was what you were told to find.

You slowly padded forward, narrowing your eyes to peer at the brown creature. It was nibbling on some sort of nut, blissfully unaware of your presence. You had only hunted once when your mother left you, and it hadn't gone very well. You had gotten hurt, and that's how Scourge found you. Still, you didn't want to anger him by coming back empty—pawed.

Suddenly, a low growl echoed out of the silence, followed by a massive paw stepping in front of you. The rabbit scurried off with a terrified squeal, disappearing into the shadows. You swallowed, slowly lifting your gaze. The paw certainly didn't belong to Scourge; it was dark brown and mottled, and the claws weren't tipped with discarded dog teeth.

"What do you think you're doing?" A harsh, angry voice snarled. "This is WindClan territory!"

You met the tom's gaze and swallowed, taking a few steps back. "I-I'm sorry," You mewled. "I-I was o-only—"

"Leave him alone."

Instantly, the mottled brown tom's amber eyes flashed with fear as he laid eyes on the owner of the ice—cold voice. Your heart leaped, and you turned around to see your father figure standing several whisker—lengths behind you, his cold blue eyes resting on the tom in a calculating way.

You scrambled across the springy ground, shielding yourself behind Scourge's hind paws and peering at the stranger from behind his tail. The tom who threatened you was slowly backing away in fear, but clearly trying to maintain some level of strength.

"What are you going to do about it, trespasser?" He growled, his ears flat.

Scourge narrowed his eyes, and you saw his claws flex in anticipation. "Mess around and find out."

The mottled brown tom glanced down at you one last time, then let out a defeated "fine" before turning tail and haring back the way he had come. Once he was gone, Scourge turned to look at you and meowed, "Are you okay?"

You nodded, still trembling slightly. "Y-yes," You meowed uncertainly. "Th-thank you..."

Scourge huffed. "Let's go home. I think we've hunted enough tonight." Then, he bent down and grabbed you by your scruff before lifting you off the ground. The teeth in his collar dug into your spine slightly, but you didn't mind. You were perfectly safe with him, and that was all that mattered.

****

I hope you enjoyed this one—shot, even though it's far from my best work ^^" I was having trouble coming up with a plot, so I just went with the first thing that came to mind.

Thank you to everyone who submitted a request this time around. I appreciate you! <3

Btw, the WindClan cat is Mudclaw