Stupid Gator

"What do you mean your life is over?!" Chica exclaimed she had a worried look on her face. 

"I did something that I think ruined my chances with some people I have a crush on," you slumped in a nearby chair. "It may ruin my life as well if this gets further out to the press."

Chica sat in a chair across from you and folded her hands on the table, "Spill."

"Monty asked me to prank Sun and Moon to make us even since I felt indebted to him. The prank was that I would get Sun and Moon to sign a fake marriage certificate and then we would leave."

Chica gave you a funny look, "Why did you think that would be a good idea?"

You growled in frustration, your face hot from it, embarrassment, and partially for what you were going to say next. "Monty said it might make Sun and Moon like me more. You know. Like to the point they would date me." You paused, "But now there is no chance that would happen."

Chica shook her head, "Love is blind. I understand that having a crush or loving someone makes you do stupid things. I know first hand."

You looked at Chica quizically. 

"In order to try to get Roxy to like me I switched out her race car with a life-size cupcake car. One that is like those on the food channel for challenges. She freaked out and thought someone stole her car. In a fit of rage, she destroyed the cupcakes. Thankfully after the ordeal, she laughed it off and we had a conversation about our feelings."

"And all of this is to say?"

"Communication is key to any relationship. I recommend coming clean and telling them what happened, why it happened, and how sorry you are."

"But-"

"No buts. This issue will not be resolved unless you talk to them about it. If they figure out the truth another way there is a chance they will never trust you."

You sighed heavily, "You're probably right. What do I do if they don't forgive me though, or even worse, sue me for defamation or something."

Chica put her hand over yours to reassure you, "Sun and Moon are very understanding. As long as you apologize the worst will not come. However, you may not be able to be with them if this bothered them too much."

"I am mainly worried about the whole court thing. Yes, it sucks that I might not be able to date them but my reputation is more important." You got up out of your chair. "I am going to go finish my work now before I go talk to Monty. It is closing time after all."

Chica nodded, "If he gives you any trouble I'll sic Roxy on him!" She giggled.

You laughed and went to finish your work.

After work, you ended up going home. It was much too late to go see Monty for the day. 

After getting a shower/bath you decided to check the news on your phone seeing as you now have wi-fi at home.

"HOLY- THIS REALLY IS OVER THE WHOLE NEWS!" You scrolled and scrolled through the latest news, almost every station, website, and post was about how Moon and Sun had just gotten married out of the blue. You really needed to do something about this. It had gotten out of hand. 

Maybe you should have not checked the news right before bed.

You decided to call Monty. Yes, you were going to wait till tomorrow to see him but that was when you didn't know how bad the situation actually was. 

You called Monty and waited for him to answer. After the ringing, there was no answer except the voicemail. Noting it was indeed late you left a voicemail hoping he would see it in the morning.