Chapter - 2

Apart from the house deeds and pieces of jewelry, there was a DVD and stash of money.

She took the DVD, inserted the disc in the player, and started playing the contents of the DVD. She was once again in a flood of tears where she was unable to stop crying.

The DVD started with her mother holding her in her arms when she was a baby. It depicts her moments with her family when they were still alive and captured all the moments of her life from being a baby until she was attending college.

All her precious memories were stored in that DVD where she was happy with her parents, celebrating Halloween day, first Prom night, Graduation Day, High School days, and so on...

All these memories of them together made her feel overwhelmed and so stoked. It was her biggest treasure as she now has that DVD with both her parents' voices and how happy they were when they made this.

Ziya wasn't aware that it was her who made their life worthwhile without any regrets of leaving their families behind and they both treasured her a lot which explains the moments which were captured of her.

The only regret they had when they had the accident was to leave Ziya alone and as an orphan in this world where she doesn't even know anything about the world's cruelty and struggle.

They severed all ties with their relatives when they decided to marry each other and they were all against us getting together. Ziya is not aware of it and we hope it stays the same way.

The pain of leaving their daughter alone in a world full of greedy people was really something they had not imagined, especially now when they are about to die due to an unexpected accident.

Ziya is not aware of what fate and destiny have planned for her and she is in for a big surprise of life with a bit of twist and turns here and there. But God has his own plans for Ziya after giving her the pain of losing her only family in this world full of malice and greed.

After everything was settled, Ziya went to her parents' room and laid down on the quilt holding the duvet which had her parents' lingering smell. Ziya was yet not ready to accept the news that she is all alone and by herself now and there won't be any mom or Dad who would welcome her, hug her, prepare warm dishes ready for dinner, or maybe lunch.

There won't be any special occasions or moments with her parents. She dearly misses her parents but was true with a very strong-minded personality who would eventually cope with the news.

Ziya drifted off into the world of dreams crying gravely for her loss while she was still badly missing her parents and desperately hanging on to the scent of her parents giving her the comfort and warmth she dreadfully needed for herself in this critical moment to hold up.

Ziya was feeling down and mourning her parents' loss as she did not know what to do or how to cope with it, her school friends tried their best to cheer her up for the next few days reminding her to lean on them when she needs them and to not feel alone or an orphan as they would always be there by her side. Ziya was really very good at luck, especially when it comes to her school friends or college friends.

After Ziya left the class and the college grounds suddenly while being called by the professor Mr. Fredd's office, they all received shocking news on how Ziya's parents died in an accident. They were all very sad and sympathized with Ziya's situation where they all decided in unison to comfort and console her as best as they can and some even promised to never let her feel the loneliness ever.

After that, Ziya's friends decided to stay one by one with her to make her feel comfortable and help to cope with the situation. They did not abandon her in her worst time but instead stayed with her one by one until she was back on track with her usual cheerful self as she was when her parents were alive.

They supported her as best as they could as they all are aware that Ziya has no relatives of her own but her parents' friends and work friends who are like a family. They tried to provide her the same warmth as making meals, communicating with her, and giving her space to accept the news.

This continued for weeks where Ziya did not go to her university and took a break for some time. Meanwhile, she was coping and accepting the news as best as she could with the help and support of all her friends and her parent's friends.

It took her almost 2-3 weeks to get back to her original self. Even after she was back to normal it feels as if there was something which is missing. Ziya tried her very best to be back on track but the hollowness in her heart was something she could not fill in and that hole seems to be eating her day by day.

Ziya tried to cope with it as best as she can and the only answer she find till now was to give it some time even though the deep hole in her heart would not be filled in; one day she believed that someone will be there for her and fill that emptiness and hole in her heart with all the love she deserves just like the Disney princesses.

Even though Ziya knows that she is not a Disney princess, she strongly believes in her father who said that one day she will be having a happy ending and it is indeed the start of the misery where she has to go through the demise of her parents' while she was very young before achieving her happily ever after.

Ziya started to follow her father's advice which he had left at the last moment of his life for her. Even though her father was on the verge of a death bed, he still did not forget to advise her daughter to live her life like a Disney princess and till the very end, she was the only one on their mind which made Ziya's heart tremble with the warmth but at the same time with the sadness where she has to live in without them.

After almost a month, Ziya was now coping well with her parents' loss and back to studying like the diligent student she was. Ziya once again went into her parent's bedroom to look into the things they left for her again in order to check if there was something which she missed out on as she was very distressed and not in a proper state of mind to process things.

Ziya was missing her mother dearly and decided to go through her mother's belongings first before proceeding to the things she went through on the day of her parents' funeral. She first opened the closet and looked through all her attires and was immediately mesmerized by her mother's sense of fashion and how fashionable she was whether it was her work clothes, casual clothes, or the clothes which depicted her elegance and classy look.

Her mother really was the one who would be a role model and an embodiment of the fashion world even if she would have ever decided to give a try in the fashion industry and modeled for them, I am pretty sure she would have been a super hit.

All the dresses were neatly lined up describing the categories of the clothes, Ziya's mother was very descriptive, neat, and organized which one could just see by the way the clothes were precisely lined up with each different type of clothes.

While Ziya was admiring the beauty of her mothers' clothes in her wardrobe; she was so engrossed in the beauty that she failed to notice a dress that does not suit the wardrobe and had a different aura and meaning of the clothes.

As Ziya was still busy having her mind wandered off to the time when she was imagining her mother in those clothes and modeling for them. Ziya remembers her mother dressed as always classy and elegant, even though her body structure was well maintained and she was an epitome of beauty.