Eric's date

After calling Eric last night, the two of you decided to meet up this evening to go to a restaurant and talk.

You just got finished putting on your skirt when your best friend Ryo walked in.

"Where are you going?" He leans against the doorframe.

"Out. I'm meeting a classmate in about twenty minutes to work on a project."

He stands up and walks behind you bending down to play with the hem of your top while looking at your face from the mirror in front of you. His head is resting on your shoulder.

"Dressed like this? Are you sure it isn't for anything else?" He whispers in your ear while slowly letting the corner of his lips pull into a smile.

"Boy get off of me. Have you lost your damn mind? I meant it when I said it was for a project. Nothing else." You shrug him off.

"Stop being weird Ryo."

"Yn we've lived with each other for over 100 years. To think you'd be used to my behavior by now." He smiles.

You turn around after putting your earrings in. "Do I look good?"

"Always."

"Thank you." You say with a smile and grab the keys to your sports car off of the nightstand.

"Yn."

"Yes?"

You turn back around to the tall man to see he has a serious expression on his face.

"What's wrong Ryo?"

"I'm going to pick up an extra shift at the hospital tonight so I won't be here by the time you come back. I heard there's something that's been attacking people around here lately. They think it's an animal but.."

"I understand. I'll be careful."

"Good. I'll be home tomorrow with more bags to drink."

With that he watches you leave out the door.

After a long short drive, you finally arrive at the location Eric sent to you. You text him to let him know you were outside his house, and after a while you see him step out of the front door.

He wears a pair of dark jeans, accompanied by a band tee and dark boots. Once he gets in he immediately starts talking.

"Wow expensive girl over here! You drive this?"

"Uh yeah.. it was a gift from a friend in Japan. He was a mechanic." You say bashfully, remembering the rough but sweet man.

If only you would've met in a different time, under different circumstances you could've been together. You were heartbroken after he passed. Luckily from old age and nothing else.

'Enough reminiscing about the 80's'

"Do you wanna drive?" You look over to the boy and smile at his shocked face.

"You'd really let me drive this?"

"I don't see why not."

He then chuckles and looks away. "Nah girl. This is alllll you."

"If you say so."

You then begin the silent drive to the Italian restaurant in the next town over.

Once the two of you arrive at La Bella Italia, you have the waitress seat you at a secluded table.

"Hopefully being here with me isn't making you uncomfortable. If so, we can go to a more crowded place if you'd like." You say noticing how this looks more like a date between lovers than a get together between friends.

"No! Not at all.. I'm chill."

"Okay then."

After giving the waitress your order and engaging in small talk, she comes back and places your food on the table.

"So.. tell me what you know about the Cullens. I've interacted with two of them on my first day here."

Eric takes a sip from his drink before speaking. "The Cullens moved down to forks a few years ago, from Alaska. They're Dr and Ms Cullen's foster kids."

"Dr and Ms Cullen? Who are they? If you don't mind me asking."

He shakes his head with the wave of a hand, implying he doesn't mind you asking. "Dr. Cullen works in the hospital. He's probably one of the best doctors in the world from what I know. He kinda looks like a ken doll, Blond hair, pale skin. The only difference is his Gold eyes."

You nod your head.

'No doubt that's his description..' you start to feel a strange emotion rising in your chest.

"And Ms. Cullen, I believe she's an architect. I don't know much about her. From what I've heard she and Dr. Cullen got married some time ago."

Hurt. The feeling is sadnesses.

" Ive only caught a glimpse of her once. Brown hair, gold eyes, pale skin. I hear she's a really nice person."

"Oh. It must be sweet to have someone to love like that." You say with a smile.

'It still hurts. Why does it hurt so bad. There's still that chance that Dr. Cullen is a stranger.'

'But.. what if..'

"No."

Eric looks up from over his glass.

"No what?"

You didn't notice your expression changed until he said something.

"Huh? Oh no it's nothing! I wasn't saying no to you I - I was just thinking about something.. y-you see I left my bunny at home an-a-and I remembered I fed him before I left.... I thought I didn't.." you smile nervously.

"Okay.. hey, yn are you sure you're okay. Your eyes seem different?"

'Oh shit. The contacts melted.'

You stand up from the table. "Uhm..excuse me Eric, I have to go to the bathroom real quick."

"Take your time."

"Thank you."

After changing your contacts, you go back to the table, pay for your meal and go to drop Eric back off at his house.

"You know.. now that I think about it the Cullens are Kinda strange."

You look over at the boy sitting in your car.

"How so?"

"They never show when it's nice out for one. And two, they're all together. Like in relationships with each other."

"Oh? Really?"

"Yeah. The blonde one Rosalie, she's with the buff, dark haired one, Emmett. And the small weird one, Alice, is with the one that looks like he's in pain 24/7. Edward is the only one not with anyone."

You arrive at his house.

"Yeah I guess that is weird. Even if they aren't related."

"Right. Well thanks for dinner yn. I enjoyed spending time together. He says. And before he leaves he leans over and gives you a quick kiss on the cheek.

You turn to face him in shock. He just smiles and walks towards his house.

You roll down the window. "Goodnight Eric!" Eric turns around and gives you a salute goodbye.

"Where did that come from? He's so dorky."

And with that you drive home, making a mental note to call Ryo when you get there.