6

Louis glanced into the mirror one last time, seeing his reflection and the neatly made hair, his perfectly ironed suit and checked if everything was in it's right place. He noticed the suit jacket was a bit loose around his waist when he closed it and the button up crumpled slightly where the fabric wasn't stretching around his body, but he shrugged it off and blamed it on bad quality. When he was relatively sure he looked like he could step outside of the house he left the bedroom and went downstairs where Madison and Mallory were already sitting having breakfast.

"Good morning." He greeted with a smile.

"Morning." Madison greeted back happily.

Louis noticed the frown on Mallory's face as her eyes wandered down his body, but he ignored it and simply kissed her before sitting down as well.

As usual he was happy with a cup of coffee, his plate stayed empty although Mallory constantly suggested to make him something.

"Not even an omelette? Proteins won't harm you." She tried again.

"No, thank you. Rather eat up or you'll be late." Louis smiled and nodded towards the clock.

"Speaking of-" Madison remembered with wide eyes and shot up from her seat running upstairs to pack her backpack.

Mallory sighed and pushed her plate away, taking her time lifting her head until her eyes rested on his face.

"You didn't eat when you came home yesterday." She noted.

"I ate at work." Louis said.

"And what did you eat?" Mallory asked expectantly. Louis kept quiet and dropped his gaze. "Louis." She sighed.

"I just wasn't hungry." Louis said quietly.

"Lou, you need to eat. One proper meal a day, that's all I'm asking for. Please." Mallory pleaded.

"I do." Louis justified weakly.

"No, you don't. One meal won't hurt, you won't gain weight because of it, please."

"But what if I do?" Louis asked in not more than a whisper.

"Then you're still perfect." Mallory said. "Why? Why are you starting with this again? You were doing so great, you had a normal eating rhythm and you could see you didn't gain weight, why are you getting into old habits again, Louis? Please tell me so I can help you." She begged.

"Nothing changed." Louis muttered, pushing away the guilt that accompanied him for weeks now because he was keeping such a huge thing from her.

"Why are you doing this?" Mallory stood up, disappointment, anger and frustration dragging every of her words. "I'm trying to help you, be there for you and you're lying to my face! You know what? Just...do whatever you want."

"Mal..." Louis said weakly. "Please, don't do this." He croaked out. "Please, don't be mad at me as well. I can't-"

"I'm not mad at you, Louis! I'm helpless because you aren't honest with me and starving yourself for whatever reason again! I can't see you like this another time! We went through this so many times already and-...I just can't do this anymore." Her voice cracked at the last sentence and she shook her head defeated when a single tear rolled down her cheek.

"I'm sorry." Louis croaked out and his face crumbled. "I'm so sorry you have to go through this because of me. I know I'm just a burden and you deserve so much better. I'll try, okay? I'll try to be better so you don't have to worry anymore."

"I don't want you to do this for me, Louis!" Mallory exclaimed. "You know you are not a burden to me, it was my decision to stay and I wouldn't change my mind. I don't expect you to be fine, just...talk to me, or to Dr. Simmons. Don't think about me and put yourself down, you know it's not like that, but think about Madison. She needs her dad."