1 - I Asked ChatGPT To Write Me A PJO Fanfic

This book is an apology for every book I've taken hours in my life to write and then decided to delete a moment later for some dumb reason.

---

I decided to ask ChatGPT to create a fanfic on Percy Jackson.

It's awesome.

Just kidding, it's absolutely horrible.

Here it is:

Title: The Son of Shadows

Chapter 1: A Fateful Encounter

Percy Jackson was used to the unexpected. As a son of Poseidon, one of the Big Three gods of Olympus, surprises were a part of his everyday life. But even he didn't see this one coming. The campfire at Camp Half-Blood was crackling, and the demigods were recounting stories of their recent quests, full of monsters and mayhem. Percy was leaning back, his green eyes flickering with the reflections of the flames, lost in thought. "Percy? Are you okay?" Annabeth asked, nudging him gently. He looked at her and managed a reassuring smile. "I'm fine, just a bit tired, I guess." Suddenly, the camp's protective barriers shimmered, and a figure stumbled through. It was a boy, around their age, his face pale and eyes wide with fear. His clothes were torn, and he was covered in dust and sweat. In his hand, he held a staff, twisted like a shadow and shimmering with an otherworldly light. Percy could feel the power radiating off of it. "I...I need...," the boy gasped, collapsing onto the ground.

Chapter 2: The Shadow's Son

Chiron, the camp's wise centaur (THE WISE CENTAUR 💀💀), attended to the newcomer. The mysterious boy was named Theo. According to him, he was the son of Erebus, the primordial deity of darkness. This was a surprise to everyone. Children of primordial deities were rare. Percy himself had only met one, Thalia, the daughter of Chaos (EW WHAT?). Theo's presence was just as surprising and unsettling. Theo explained that a horde of monsters was after him, drawn to the powerful darkness within him. He had been on the run until he found Camp Half-Blood.

Chapter 3: A Battle Approaches 

With Theo's arrival, a new threat loomed over Camp Half-Blood. The monsters that pursued him were not far behind, and the camp needed to prepare. Percy, ever the leader, took charge, organizing the camp's defenses. He trained with Theo, who, despite his fear, was a surprisingly skilled fighter, his shadowy staff a force to be reckoned with. 

Chapter 4: Shadows and Seas

 As the days passed, Percy found himself intrigued (IDK ABOUT U GUYS BUT LIKE, ISN'T THIS KINDA CREEPY) by Theo. They were so different, Percy, son of the sea, and Theo, son of shadows. And yet, Percy could see a strange kinship. Like him, Theo was thrown into a world of gods and monsters, struggling to find his place. In Theo, Percy also saw a reflection of his past self: scared, lonely, yet defiant and brave. He decided to help Theo, not just to fight but to find a home at Camp Half-Blood.

Chapter 5: The Siege of Half-Blood 

The battle was brutal. Waves of monsters crashed against the camp's defenses, each one more terrifying than the last. Percy and Theo stood side by side, sea and shadow fighting in perfect harmony. With a swift strike from Riptide, Percy felled (FELLED? WHAT THE HECK IS FELLED?) a Cyclops. Beside him, Theo manipulated shadows, his staff twisting the darkness around monsters, causing them to falter. In the end, after what felt like an eternity, the camp was victorious. The monsters were defeated, the survivors retreating into the night.

Chapter 6: Bonds of Brotherhood

In the aftermath of the battle, Percy and Theo sat together, their bodies bruised but spirits unbroken. Camp Half-Blood had survived another threat, and in the process, Percy had gained a new friend. "I couldn't have done this without you, Percy," Theo admitted quietly. "And I couldn't have done it without you, Theo. You're not just a son of Erebus, you're a hero of Half-Blood." From that day forward, they were brothers in arms. The son of Poseidon and the son of Erebus, bound by a battle and a campfire under the stars.

Omigod. How dare ChatGPT call Thalia a child of Chaos. LIKE, WHERE IN THE WORLD DID CHAOS COME FROM?

 Literally so cringe and these time skips are horrible. It was like one second this weirdo falls into Camp Half-Blood and Clone Percy calls him a creep and the next second their besties, holding hands and skipping around.

LIKE. . . . .911! CHATGPT IS RUINING PJO FOR ME 😑😑

---

ChatGPT Pt. 2

I was kinda curious, so I asked ChatGPT to regenerate.

Title: Percy Jackson: Shadows of the Titan

Chapter 1: Unexpected Meeting

The sun blazed down onto the peaceful scene at Camp Half-Blood. Percy Jackson, now twenty-three, spent the morning training new campers, showing them the ropes of fighting and survival in this magical world they found themselves in. Camp Half-Blood, the haven for demigods, had grown under Percy's leadership, becoming more and more equipped to handle the influx of demigods they encountered each year. Percy was demonstrating a move to a group of young demigods when he saw Annabeth approaching. Her grey eyes sparkled in the sunlight, and her blonde curls danced in the wind. She was beautiful as always. "Percy, we have a visitor," she said, her face showing a mixture of concern and intrigue. "A visitor? The Oracle?" Percy asked, raising his eyebrow. "No, something far more unexpected," Annabeth responded cryptically. (NAHHH ANNABETH WOULD NOT- SHE WOULD BE BAWLING NEXT TO LUKE AND LITERALLY SO HAPPY. SHE WOULD NOT "RESPOND CRYTICALLY") Percy, feeling a strange sense of anticipation, followed her. Inside the Big House, Percy was greeted by a man dressed in ragged robes, his face tired and worn. A chill ran down Percy's spine as he recognized him. "Luke," Percy gasped, "but you're..." 

"Dead?" Luke Castellan, former son of Hermes and traitor turned hero, finished for him. His steel-blue eyes were haunted. "I should be. But the Fates had different plans."

Chapter 2: The Prophecy Revealed

Luke's sudden appearance threw the entire camp into an uproar. Luke had sacrificed himself during the Battle of Manhattan, and everyone had seen him die. The possibility of his return from the Underworld was beyond comprehension. Yet here he was, bearing a grim prophecy from the Oracle. The Oracle's voice echoed through the room as she began to speak: 

"From the depth of the darkest void,

 Rises a titan, anger uncontrolled. 

Under the wings of the shadowed bird,

Lies the key to prevent the world's third.

Five shall journey through the night, Guided by the full moon's light.

If they falter, or fail to stand, 

Doom shall descend upon the land.

(No offense but ChatGPT is not made out to be a Poet 😒😩)

Chapter 3: The Journey Begins

As the prophecy was revealed, uncertainty filled the air. Percy looked around the room, meeting the eyes of those he knew would be part of the quest – Annabeth, Leo, Hazel, and Frank. (WHAT HAPPENED TO PIPER? LIKE IS SHE DEAD? DID I MISS SOMETHING? ) They all had the same determined look. Even though they were aware of the risks, they were ready to face them. As for the fifth member, everyone's gaze turned toward Luke. He was the anomaly, the unexpected piece of the puzzle. (Didn't know Percy had increased in vocab so fast) With a new quest and an old friend back from the dead, Percy Jackson and his friends once again prepared to embark on a dangerous journey to save their world. Unbeknownst to them, the Shadows of the Titan were already stretching out, threatening to plunge their world into eternal darkness. As they prepared for their journey, the demigods could not help but feel the weight of the world on their shoulders. They were veterans of many quests, but something about this prophecy seemed darker, more urgent. But no matter the odds, they would face them together. They stood united, a force to be reckoned with. Their journey was about to begin, and they would move heaven and earth to come out victorious. The fate of the world was in their hands, and they would not let it fall.

*To be continued...*

. . . . If I'm learning anything from this, it's that ChatGPT really really didn't read the books.