5 - A Story

Here's an unfinished story that will probably be discontinued in a week 💀 

Also yes, I have an obsession with the name Julie 🤭

Julie

Julie had never felt such a feeling as the wind brushing against her cheek.

When the cover of night arose and the last glimpses of light disappeared, she slowly crept into the lonely temple, her eyes shining as she laid on the marble floor, dreaming of reaching the captivating stars that called out to her.

Yet, as Julie glanced at the overwhelming dark gates of the asylum, a sinking feeling turned her stomach like the tides of a ferocious ocean. Deep down, she knew she would always be trapped in the depths of hell - where no one understood her and no one tried to break her chains. But Julie had always liked the thought of a dream world, one where her mother's kind, pure face greeted her and welcomed her in an embrace. One where she would walk hand-in-hand with Asher and they would prance in the fields, a joyful skip in her step as she let out soft giggles and he grinned his crooked smile.
"Juliet," He would call her, a mysterious gleam in his eyes as he mockingly bowed, "Run with me." And they'd run, clasping hands, wild and free like the mane of a proud lion and the flame of a rebellious fire.

For a second, Julie smiled, a warmth rising in her chest as she thought about Asher and his beautiful, hazel eyes. But then her smile dropped and the sinking feeling in her stomach returned, halting at the harsh, cold face of reality.
"You promised you would never forget me," She whispered to the darkness, "Then why does it feel like you have?"

The stars looked down upon the young girl, beaten-down and willowy thin, but still breath-takingly beautiful and pure. For now. The stars muttered drowsily. You will get no answer.

Asher

Asher had never wanted to meet her, his Juliet.

Before she had been shipped away to an Asylum, Julietta Grey and her beautiful, light brown locks had approached him, her curious green eyes piercing as she smiled softly. "How do you do, Ash?" She had chirped, her voice almost as enchanting as her pure face, "That's your name, right?"
And from that moment - when she had tossed her hair back and giggled a musical sound - he knew his eyes would never land upon another without thinking of her perfect, enchanting grin. And later on, when she had told him of the misdeeds she committed in her home country, Asher could never blame her for the lies she had told all those months of her visiting the dock to watch him load boxes of preserved fish.
Her confession still echoed in his head, an heart-breaking sound he couldn't run away from, I killed him. She had sobbed, crumbling to the ground in heaps of tears. And I didn't feel guilty.

Even after she had let down her barriers and cried as if the world had paused for her-and her only, Juliet had never told him the reason behind her secret.

And when the local soldiers had broken down the door and demanded to see Julietta Madison Grey, Juliet had taken the face of a lonesome warrior. "You will move on, Asher." She had insisted softly, shedding no tears as the general seized her arms.
He hadn't cared - he didn't want her to go. Asher still remembered the pure desperation he had felt as he had reached out for Juliet, grabbing her hands as he begged, begging her to come back to him, begging her to tell him the whole truth.
"The truth is not worth telling." She had said, with a small smile on her face as she moved closer to the general, away from his embrace.
Then it was silent.

Why must you leave? Why did you have to leave me in the dark, my Juliet?

I'll always remember you.