rumours

oh wow!  I didn't realize how long it's been since I last updated.  I am so sorry for that because I love this book.  But I've been updating my other books more and I need to not forget about this one.  It's one of my favorites I've created.  

Who all is excited for the new season?  Penelope and Colin are my favorite!  so sit back, relax and grab a snack.  if you have to go back in the early chapters to remember what i wrote - i apologize.  

--

Dearest Readers,

It should come as no surprise that Daphne Bridgerton was named this years diamond.  After all, she is the most composed, gracious and purest beauty's of the season.  It seemed only fair that she was chosen as this season's diamond. 

But do we suspect we have a little competition?  It never hurt anyone afterall and in fact makes the season quite exciting.  Her cousin, Eleanor Bridgerton has made quite an entrance and one that I will be watching closely.  There's something exciting about having new blood in the ton.  

- Lady Whistledown, The Society Papers

Daphne Bridgerton was over the moon excited that she was the diamond.  

Not her cousin that was new in town, nor anyone else.  But her.  This was one thing that no one could take away from her and she was basking in every minute of it.  It all seemed like a dream.  She would get her first pick of a husband for herself.  Who wouldn't want this?

Eleanor was rolling her eyes as she listened to her cousin gush yet again at The Queen's remarks.  She could tell that she was trying hard to be humble and not be arrogant about it but the young teen was finding it difficult.  She would make gagging gestures which had Eloise laugh and then cover her laugh.  

Could this day get anymore annoying?

It was only the morning and that meant that Eleanor still had ten more hours or so of having to listen to Daphne.

"Your dresses are in!" 

Eleanor was actually excited to see what her dresses looked like and what Madame Delacroix came up with.  All of them got to their section of dresses and when she saw hers she was flourished.  All of her dresses had embellishes on them and they were either a light blue or a pastel pink.  Her favourite had to be this bow sequin bodice ankle gown one that Madame Delacroix handcrafted.  It was a cream colour and adorned with pretty, delicate rows of ribbon bows that looked as those they were perfectly placed in each spot to create a bordered artwork. It was also intricately decorated with sequins as well.  The skirt was made of frothy layers of tulle.  She knew that this was the dress she was going to wear to the ball.  There was also a posy round neck gown that was champagne coloured and adorned with intricate embroidered floral bouquet motifs and shimmering sequins which created a glistening effect that she adored.