Episode 1

A ramen stall located in the district of Shinjuku. A good place for me to relax whenever I had the time to do so. Eating out at restaurants such as this one is one of the few methods that I use in order to indulge myself after receiving a surplus of cash from missions as an assassin. It's one of the few ways that I know that would help me pay the rent as well as hone my fighting skills in this new world of mine. 

Grabbing my pair of chopsticks, I proceed to gulp down another portion of noodles and meat before paying attention to the television screen in front of me that's propped up above the counter for the rest of the customers to see for their own discretion. 

A red-haired girl seemingly within the same age range as I am appeared on the screen as News commentators began to describe news of her affairs to the public. 

"Tomorrow will be the day that the second princess of the Vermillion Empire, Stella Vermillion finally arrives in Japan! She achieved the highest scores on her exams in history and was accepted into a Knight school in Tokyo, Hagun Academy!" 

Here's the interesting thing about the world I'm in. It's far different from the Japan of my old life with technology that would make you think it were a science fiction story, yet here I am in the flesh. 

The Japan in my previous life was one filled with cursed spirits, beings that are generally malicious and formed via the negative energy of regular humans while a multitude of humans with special abilities known as Jujutsu were born to fight against those cursed spirits. This is a world filled with magic in which chosen individuals are able to use their souls and manifest a special weapon known as a device, those individuals become known as Blazers. 

In my previous life, I had a unique constitution known as a Heavenly Restriction. In short, it's what you would describe as a trade made with the world itself, albeit against your will. I gained a superhuman body with superhuman capabilities as well as a high resistance to cursed energy and spells while the trade-off in this case was that my cursed energy was reduced to absolutely zero. 

That same Heavenly Restriction followed me to this new life to a parallel world which also determined your worth based on your potential power. You could call me a bit of an anomaly since I was a Blazer with my own device, yet I also had zero magic. The zero magic was what determined my status in the Kurogane clan as the crane tail. I wasn't particularly surprised by the treatment I received; in fact, I would say that the Kurogane family was actually much nicer to me than the Zenin clan ever were. 

The person being shown on the television screen is an example of what it's like to be favored by the entire world. The absolute cream of the crop. Perhaps not as exaggerated as Satoru Gojo, the so called honored one and the very man that took my life but still, her status is incomparable to the rest of us. When it comes to the Blazers around my age that are often mentioned in the media, Princess Stella Vermillion is definitely among them. 

In fact, I can confidently say that I too have built a reputation for myself despite completely skipping the Mage Knight academies and going straight to work as an assassin despite my young age. One of the main reasons are that I didn't have a choice if I wanted to make money quickly and hone my skills to become stronger and the other reason is that if I made attempts to go to an academy or attempt to climb into the official world of Blazers, there would be hinderance from the Kurogane family. It's behavior that I would expect due to my past life experience with the Zenin clan, so I decided to completely skip those obstacles altogether. 

Therefore, much like my last life in which I earned the moniker of "The Sorcerer Killer", I had achieved the title of "The Knight Killer" in my present life. I mainly rely on guerilla style tactics in my various missions as well as the help of my device and various hot and cold ordinary weapons in order to gain an extra edge on my targets. On the bright side, it seemed that the Kurogane family had left me alone on that particular aspect of my life. Very few people actually knew that I, Toji Kurogane had the identity of the Knight Killer, I'm the type of guy that keeps business separated from my personal life. Though I can't say no to money, either from this life or my last.