Chased by the Boys In Blue

The birds chirp around me while I sat across the street from the school. Waiting for the school day to end. Today they were celebrating the founder of Small Valley with the yearly fair. Now that may sound like something good but lemme tell you something, the founder of this shithole town was just as big of an asshole as the people who currently live here in modern time. Fitting.

Joseph Small, a white man who came to these lands in hopes to find land to claim as his own. Upon his travels he came across a small Native American tribe who peacefully rested in this Valley. That was before Joseph came along with an offer of money for their land.

The chief peacefully declined the offer. Can you guess what Joseph did in response to being denied? If you guessed he'd come back later that night with over a dozen men armed to the T with rifles equipped with bayonets, you'd be correct.

Joseph slaughtered the entire Tribe and took the Valley by force, taking only a few survivors in as workers. Some people theorized that the slaughtering of the tribe cursed these lands. Leaving it forever plagued with anger and the need for violence that took this Valley from the indigenous people who had it before us all.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the ringing of the final bell made me look up at the entrance of the school, my suspension would last only 2 more days.

I watched as students poured out from the school's entrance, soon I could see Deacon and Jenna come walking out talking to one another. I waved at them and they both smiled.

Jenna was the first to approach me planting a peck on my lips. I smiled at her, staring into her eyes until Deacon spoke up.

Deacon:"Yo we're heading to the fair tonight right?"

I held my hand out to Deacon who dapped me up, our palms meeting with a satisfying pop. I then heard Jenna scoff.

Jenna:"Why wouldn't we go to the fair?"

Deacon looked at her holding his hands up.

Deacon:"Good, cause I had something in mind."

Jenna and I both tilted our head in interest simultaneously.

Y/n:"Spill it Deac."

A mischievous smile formed across Deacon's lips.

Deacon:"So apparently a whole bunch of people are gonna be there. Both Southside and those Northside fucks. I was thinking we can go and look for those douche canoes who surprised you that night with Jenna."

I listened to Deacon nodding a bit, I already knew where this was going. Northside kids had money which us on the Southside didn't have, but we had something the Northside kids didn't and that was grit.

Northside kids will corner you with a group and use weapons, dangerous slippery fucks.

They have a habit of going around the Southside neighborhoods in their cars waiting to see someone they have problems with. When they do they'll stop the car and get them while they were alone. Fuckin' cowards.

Here in the Southside you handle your bullshit with the person who fucked with you one on one, Southside way. Someone decides to be a pussy and jump someone or do drive-by attacks and their Southside? Let's just say they get a visit from a couple neighbors.

Us Southsiders may be poor, dumb and violent but we're loyal to one another... unlike people of the Northside, word says that a lot of the Northside people don't trust one another. Spreading rumors about their neighbors, or using their trusts in one another against each other.

Jenna:"You think they'd even show up?"

Deacon shrugged.

Deacon:"Not sure, but it's the only time we'll get the chance to get the jump on them otherwise they'll hide over on the Northside behind their gated fences."