🐚 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣 🐚

This is Ethan Landry

He was an average 20-year old boy living in the elemental spirit world of the Caspian Sea. His family the Baileys had been royalty since the kingdom was built since his mother Mira's ancestors had built the kingdom for the water spirits too live in no matter how far they were, and they had grown up in these seas.

Neither his father nor mother could have given him a better life: His homeland was a patchwork of towering cliffs, breaking waves, dense forests, and rolling plains located on the most secluded part of the sea and mountains of Bali.

The kingdom's coral-and-clam gateway to the surface was shrouded by enormous boulders that guarded it from any eyes that didn't belong there. Since no humans or divers or hikers dared investigate such an isolated location, there was little danger to worry about—at least until recently. Ethan had always had an interest in the human world; as a child, he had questions about many things.

Beneath the calm waves, surrounded by the teeming life of the ocean, a solitary figure sat in silence upon a large rock. The sun danced upon his webbed fingers, clawed toes curling into the coarse sand. He took long breaths and exhaled them slowly as he watched humans play in the surf and along the tide-line. They chattered to each other and smiled, their laughter bubbling up from them like children.

There was so much he wanted to learn about these creatures. Their culture fascinated him, but it was also different than what he had grown up with.

Every day before The Sun Spirits made the sun set and the Moon Spirits rose over the water he would sit here and watch them go about their business. Humans did human things; walking, swimming, talking, eating until it became night time and they went back into their caverns beneath the sand or drifted off on those bizarre floating contraptions that bobbed on top of the water overnight.

In these moments he felt truly alone yet content with who he was because there was something he could not understand. There was no way for him to reach out to these creatures right next to him.

They were beyond his reach though they were always there playing in front of him like mischievous children cavorting in an endless summer day. That was how life used to be for Ethan until one day.

One day when the sea breeze caressed his scales, he saw a man on the beach. The soft, salty mist made him shiver as he slithered out of the water to bask in the sun's warmth and watch for shipwrecks. The man had beautiful tan skin, deep eyes, a razor-sharp jawline, and full lips. Ethan was mesmerized by the sight, but his visual hypnosis was broken as someone pulled him into the water.

"Ethan! What the hell are you doing!?" his older brother roared at him with obvious concern. "Ethan seriously again? I know Dad doesn't want you up there." His sister shook her head while she swam beside him. He knew they meant well, but how could he tell them that he didn't do anything? He just looked at the humans--especially that one man who captivated him completely.

"That's how you get captured." Richie pointed out the obvious. "Rich, Quinine," he sighed. "You never let me have fun!"

"You can always have fun with us," Quinn said sweetly.

There was one time where he'd been caught peering over humans' fences and walls trying to see if anyone would notice him sitting there. But he did not want to be caged like an animal because they found out about him a friend even lost their tail because of it.

"Quinine I wanna do things on my own I just turned 20,000 two weeks ago don't you think that I should...you know, have the space to explore?" "Absolutely not Ethan you know what might happen to you!? You could be turned into a fillet, or mounted on a wall or or" "Yeah Yeah " Ethan wanted to desperately stop Richie's rambling at that point Ethan's mood had been killed and he just kinda wanted to go home and probably go to sleep or at least have a nap but something in his brain made him think of the man at the beach questions running about him