i

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"WHAT A CHARMING YOUNG MAN." The elders sipping tea, specifically women, smiled as they watched a cream-blonde magician hand out roses through his signature tricks, surprising and impressing every passerby.

"Please do come to our show tomorrow night! We'll be performing new tricks you've never seen before!" The young magician smiled and sent a wink as he gave a bow, tipping his hat in the process which earned a bashful fits of giggle from the ladies he had just recently given roses.

"They have magicians here, huh?" You mumbled as soon as you entered the gates of Fontaine with luggage and bags all over you, and watched the interaction unfold in front of you. The magician had now moved towards a group of women around the age of 30s who are currently picking up intricate hats, marveling at how it would go perfectly with their dress.

'Wonder what trick he'll pull out of his sleeves this time...' You thought to yourself as he took off his hat and suddenly lit up the entire thing with fire. He then grabbed a maroon handkerchief from his pocket— wait, he didn't have any pockets... where on earth did he pull that out from?

ㅤㅤ

With the handkerchief, the magician covered the hat and after a few seconds, he took the fabric off and the hat that was once lit up in fire has now turned into a bouquet of roses. A series of claps echoed through the whole streets as your mouth gaped in awe.

You will never understand how magicians are doing this. They're just so out of this world and you mean it in a positive way of course.

"Amazing, isn't it?" A feminine voice spoke beside you. You whipped your head towards the direction of where you heard the voice and there you saw a girl with cat ears, her cream blonde hair tied into a low ponytail with a big blue ribbon checkered with the hues of dark and light cyan. Her royal purple eyes bored at yours as her face held a neutral expression. You noticed the star symbol beneath her left eye and her strange yet beautiful attire.

'She's so beautiful.' You awed before tearing your gaze away from hers and back to the magician who is now again interacting with a new group of bystanders.

"It is." You smiled, replying back to the girl's question. Back in your nation, there weren't any shows that perform magic tricks let alone having any magicians. If it's fortunate enough, there will be magicians from Fontaine who would come visit for a show but that was an occurrence that happens once in a blue moon and Teyvat never really had blue moons to begin with.

So, it's truly amazing and a refreshing sight to see magicians performing tricks and amusing their audiences. It's making you wish that you have been residing here in Fontaine for the past few years.

Don't get me wrong, you love your nation. The poems, the love songs of the bards, the wind blowing off the dandelions in the air, and the freedom. You love all of it.

But of course, there's a reason why people go out for a vacation despite living in a beautiful country and that is to discover and feel something new. Or perhaps, you're looking for a place to fit in.