Chapter 35

Tony and Charity arrived at Dr. Lang's office for yet another appointment the following week. Dr. Lang examined Charity and did another ultrasound. "Everything looks just fine." She said. "A.J. is in position and you could go into labor at any time."

"Any time?" Tony asked, sounding a little nervous.

"Yes, everything is ready." Dr. Lang answered.

After the appointment, Tony drove to NCIS. "You okay?" Charity asked.

"Yeah, why?" Tony replied.

"You seemed kinda freaked out when Dr. Lang said that I could go into labor at any moment." Charity answered.

Tony parked the car and sighed. He looked over at Charity. "I'm just a little nervous about how soon he might come." Tony answered. "Now that he could come at any second, that makes the fact that I'm going to be a father even more real."

"Are you afraid of not being a good father?" Charity asked.

"Yeah." Tony answered. He took a deep breath. "I didn't have that great of an example growing up, so I'm not sure how to be a father."

Charity reached her hand over and laced her fingers through Tony's. "I'm nervous, too." Charity told him.

"You are?" Tony asked.

"Yes, I'm not sure of how to be a mom."

"I don't believe that." Tony replied.

Charity grinned. "No one ever knows how to be a parent." She told him. "Except for grandparents, but that's because they already raised their kids."

"What are you talking about?" Tony asked.

Charity smiled at him. "No one starts out knowing how to be a parent. It's something you have to figure out as you go. It's what we'll figure out together."

Tony smiled at her. He leaned over and pulled her in for a kiss. "I knew that there was a reason I decided to have a baby with you."

Charity laughed at him. "Because we were trapped in a cabin together and we thought we were going to die." She teased.

Tony laughed. "Yeah, something like that."

Two days later...

Charity stood in Abby's lab chatting with her while she waited for her father and Tony to finish up an interrogation. The three of them were going to have lunch together. "I can't believe that you are just a couple of weeks away from being a mother!"

"I know!" Charity replied just as excited as Abby was.

"Hey, what about me? I'm going to be a father." Tony said, coming in.

Abby laughed. "Yes, I still can't believe that either."

"Where's daddy?" Charity asked.

"He said, he'd have to take a rain check." Tony answered. "He's still in interrogation with the suspect."

Charity's face fell, slightly. "Okay."

Tony pulled Charity into his arms and kissed the top of her head. "Let's go eat. We can even stop by the store and pick up some bagel bite pizzas and chocolate whipped cream. I know how much you love those." He said.

Charity looked up at him and giggled. She then kissed his cheek. "You're the best." She told him.

"I know." Tony said, with a cocky grin. "Now, let's go eat."

"Okay." Charity said.

They told Abby bye and then walked out to the elevator. Tony pushed the button for the floor. The doors closed and the elevator started to move. After a few minutes the elevator stopped moving, but the doors didn't open and they weren't on their floor. "Oh no." Tony said.

"What?" Charity asked.

"The elevator is stuck." Tony answered. "But, don't worry. I'll get it fixed it."

"Okay." Charity replied.

Tony pulled out the emergency phone, but it turned out to be disconnected. He pulled out his cell phone and dialed McGee's number. Unfortunately, he didn't answer. Tony was about ready to call another number when he heard a suiching sound and Charity say, "Oh crap!"

Tony turned around. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"My water just broke."