Thursday Nights

"So... you just knew you were going to get lucky tonight?"

"That was kind of the plan and I'm guessing this was yours as well."

"How do you figure?"

"Because your bed has fresh sheets."

"It's laundry day."

"You always spray perfume on your sheets? That's an old college move."

"You got me," said the naked woman in bed.

It was a Thursday night. The two consenting adults had met hours earlier at a local bar and lounge. A place where middle-aged adults come to decompress after work before heading home. Or someone else's home.

Ricky had gone to the establishment with a clear directive of going to a woman's home to indulge in what grown-ups do. No more, no less, and with no strings attached. Safely of course. A freshly purchased box of gold wrappers was in his car to accompany him in his pursuit.

His pursuit led him to Sandra. A taller woman wore a form-fitting pants suit with black and white low-top Vans. A California girl through and through. She approached him by sitting on the stool next to him and commented on his shoes. Ricky was wearing a rare pair of Nike Sb Dunks 'Cali' hi's. he was wearing them with a pair of sharply creased khakis and a brown polo. She was in her early 40s and happily divorced for two years. They discussed their careers, her being a fiduciary and him being an analyst. They discussed the similarities of their fields. And what they didn't like about their jobs and laughing as they nursed their drinks enough to be inebriated enough to ease the tension but not enough to impair any later activities. But after their first drink, they both knew that their conversation was a farce that they were both participating in to maintain some social decorum. They knew that their night was going to end in bed.

Ricky looked at Sandra's nightstand clock and saw that it was nearing 11 pm. Sandra noticed as well. They both looked at each other and realized that the night was waning, and they both had to rise early for work the next day. No words were needed for their departure.

"Do you mind if I shower before I leave?" asked Ricky.

"You don't want to go home smelling like me?" replied Sandra.

"More I hate the smell of latex and want to wash it off me as soon as I can. Plus I can go home and just go to sleep"

Sandra thought that she just shared her bed with a philanderer but on the other hand, she can appreciate the pragmatism. She also hated the smell of latex.

"Ok. Only if I can join you."

Ricky wasn't in the mood for another round, but he was a guest.

Ricky started her shower as she got them both fresh towels. Ricky knew he was dealing with a pro when he saw the men's body wash on her shower shelf. He understood. She was a busy single mom. He deduced that by the pictures of her sons in her room. He figured her ex had the kids and when she had her time she would take full advantage.

Ricky tried to hastily wash himself but when Sandra entered, she touched him in his intimate place the moment she stepped in. The initial contact made him slightly recoil, which visibly surprised Sandra. He saw the confusion on her face and rather than discuss it he decided to return the favor to her erogenous area. Still recovering from the bed activities, it was very sensitive, and her knees buckled immediately. As to not negate the purpose of the shower the two stuck with actions that wouldn't require latex. Once done Sandra attempted to wash Ricky but he again rebuffed.

"What's wrong?" said Sandra.

"Nothing. I'm just used to washing myself." Said Ricky

"No one taken care of you like this in a while, huh?"