01

LAGOS - PRESENT DAY

Wanda Maximoff, aka Scarlet Witch, added sugar to a cup and stirred it. She looked around.

Steve on the radio, asked, "All right, what do you see?"

"Standard beat cops," Wanda replied. "Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target."

"There's an ATM in the south corner, which means..."

"Cameras."

"Both cross streets are one way."

"So, compromised escape routes."

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute."

Natasha, sitting two tables from Wanda, said over the radio, "It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us."

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda reminded them.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature."

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam said.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?"

"Eyes on target, folks," Steve instructed. "This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him."

"If he sees us coming that won't be a problem," Sam replied. "He kind of hates us." A garbage truck was pushing its way through traffic, with no regard to pedestrians or other vehicles.

"Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it."

From the back of Sam's Falcon jet pack, a small drone launched and flew down to scan the garbage truck.

"Give me X-ray," Sam said. Weight analysis: Cargo Weight: 13825 kgs. Max capacity. "That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed."

"It's a battering ram," Natasha noted.

"Go now," Steve instructed.

"What?" Wanda asked.

"He's not hitting the police."

INSTITUTE FOR INFECTIOUS DISEASES

A man was sitting in the guard station. He looked over as the garbage truck came towards the gate. The driver jumped out and the truck slammed into the gateway. Two trucks rushed into the compound through the newly-made entrance. Soldiers in black armor emerged from the trucks, firing their rifles around the courtyard. Four soldiers fired gas canisters into the building. Soldiers wearing gas masks entered.

Steve arrived and took out several of the soldiers.

"Body armor, AR-15's," Steve said. "I make seven hostiles."

Sam flew in and up to a rooftop where Chris was standing with his bow, spinning and using his wings to block gunfire. He and Chris took out two soldiers before saying, "Eagle Eye and I make five."

Wanda arrived and flew over the rooftop and into the courtyard, blocking fire with her powers. She took control of one soldier and lifted him upward as she called, "Sam."

Sam glided down from the rooftop, catching the soldier on one of his wings. "Four." His drone flew by, scanning the inside of the building. "Rumlow's on the third floor."

"Wanda, just like we practiced," Steve said.

"What about the gas?" Wanda asked.

"Get it out."