July 10th 2022

DDS POV:

I woke up at like 12pm hearing my phone ring.

"Yo hello.." I said in a raspy voice.

"BEEP" I smacked my teeth at the number realising it was just another one of those scams calls.

Before turning my phone off I see a bunch of notifications and tags from Instagram Twitter TikTok everything. I widen my eyes at it wondering what's going on before seeing the top notification.

"Aaliyah Perez killed 6am this morning near a subway station.. click to see more"

oh nahh this probably a lil joke making I thought to myself not believing it.

I walk out going to the lounge after making some cereal. I sit down and grab the remote turning it on to see what was on the news.

Before eating I notice I forgot my spoon causing me to sigh walking back.

"Aaliyah Perez 14 yrs old had been stabbed this morning at a local subway station." I stop walking processing if I heard that right recognising the familiar name as nottis gf.

I turn around turning the tv up wanting to hear more. "Suspects say she was quickly rushed to the hostpital a while after" it kept on going before I saw nottis face pop up on it. "The only other person being with her at the moment of the attack was none other than notti osama. An 14 yr old upcoming nyc drill rapper." I drop my bowl feeling my eyes start to water.

"Oh hell no" I muttered under my breath not wanting to hear anymore. I needed to go to see notti now cus wtf going on.

DDOTS POV:

It was about 7am and I hadn't gotten any sleep due to playing the game. I decide to turn it off feeling tired but then seeing my phone as a bunch of notifications pop up on my screen from all my socials.

"Yoo wtf going on.." I whispered to myself.

I scrolled down seeing one notification from Instagram that caught my eye. "14 yr old girl, Aaliyah Perez stabbed at a local station this morning at 6am" I stopped reading thinking it was fake before reading others that said the same.

I felt my eyes start to form tears as I wiped my eyes not thinking it was real. Aaliyah was nottis gf but she was also my best friend.her dying would change so much between all of us for sure..

I didn't know how to confirm this so I decided to call notti to see.

"Please call back later" I hung the phone up hearing it go straight to voicemail. This was how I knew it was true. Cus notti wasn't answering no more of my calls. I knew he probably wasn't alright so I decided to come over.

NOTTIS POV:

"DING DONG" I heard the bell from downstairs not wanting to answer it. It kept ringing so I got up and looked in the mirror desperately trying to wipe my tears from my face.

I jogged downstairs after yelling "IM COMING HOLD TF UP" my voice cracked.

I open the door revealing ddot and dd. "Cmon in" I tell them before walking back to the couch.

"Heard what happened . Is it true?" Dd asked in a soft voice. I nodded my head feeling tears threaten to come out again.

Dd pulls me into a hug before ddot joined us. "It's alright mh js tell us what happened" ddot said in a raspy voice.

I sniffed a little before I started sobbing. "It's all my fault" they both hugged me tight.

"It wasn't your fault Notti it was an accident" DD tried to reassure. Although I didn't believe his words I still thanked him.

By the end of the explanation they were both shocked and had tears streaming down their faces.

"She really loved u man. Ain't another woman u gon find that would have loved u that much" he told me again honestly.

"She in the hospital rn.. not many people think she gon make it so they saying she already dead. I just didn't wanna see her the way she lookin because of me rn.." I cried to them.

"Ay nah it's alright I'll call jay to drive us" dd said feeling a bit better about the news.

Ddot looked up and started speaking again. "Let's get sum food for me and mh on the way ?" He said making me and dd laugh.

"Yeah alright man wtv" I chuckled sniffing before getting up.

Dd and ddot went back downstairs to give me some space. The scene of Aliyah getting stabbed replaying in my head over and over.

I put my hands over my face dragging it down shaking my head. "This is all your fault" were the only words that I could hear going through my head in Liyahs voice.

"I'm so fucking stupid" i pinched myself. "F$CK." I shouted throwing the closest thing to me at the wall.

Luckily it was just a pillow. I put my hands over my head looking up trying to prevent tears from falling.

I dreaded seeing the look of her lifeless body. Her face looking so blank for the first time in a long time. She won't look the same in that hospital bed.

Those dimples won't b as visible as they always are. That smile I'll never be able to see again. Her hugs. The best hugs so warm and comforting.

It should've been me.

_____________________________________
AUTHORS NOTE

Ngl I forgot ab this book so sorry for forgetting to continue it but I swear I'll make another one soon. This was a short chapter so the next one I'll try make long.

Thoughts and advice 💭?