Chapter 1- Liv

“I know, Liss, and I’m really sorry, but I can’t find someone to watch Jonah and Abbi, and I can’t just leave them home,” I explained, holding my phone to my ear with my shoulder as I chased the troublesome toddlers down the halls of the hotel. 

“C’mon, Liv, the boys were really looking forward to meeting you,” Lissy sighed, her voice nearly drowned out by Abbi’s giggles.

“And I was looking forward to meeting them,” I shot back. My voice softened. “I’m sorry Lissy.”

“Why don’t you bring Jonah and Abbi?” She suggested.

“Is-is that alright?” I asked.

She mumbled something to someone on the other end of the line. “Yeah, that’s fine.”

I broke out into a wide smile. “Okay, I guess. I might be a little bit late though.”

“That’s fine,” She assured me. “I’ll see you soon.”

“Yeah.”

My phone beeped, signaling that Lissy had ended the call. Smiling, I put my phone in my pocket as Jonah and Abbi turned towards the staircase.

“Jonah! Abigail!”

They froze and turned to face me sheepishly. I motioned for them to come over to me. Hesitantly, they obeyed.

“You’re not in trouble,” I told them. They visibly relaxed. “We’re going out to dinner tonight. Aunt Lissy is going to be there and 3 of her friends who are in the show.”

Jonah smiled a toothless smile. “Can we go to McDonalds?”

I giggled. “Not McDonalds.”

“Then where?” Abbi asked, tilting her head to the side. 

“I’m not sure,” I confessed. “But it’ll be fun. I promise. Now, let’s head out.”

We made a quick pit stop at the room so I could grab my show bag and my purse and the twins could grab their tablets, before making our way to the lobby, where Lissy stood with three boys - a blonde, a brunette, and a redhead.

“Auntie Lissy!” Jonah exclaimed, running up to her and hugging her knees.

She picked him up. “How’s my favorite nephew?”

He beamed. “I lost another tooth!”

“Did you?” She asked. “Well, you are growing up too fast. And what about Miss Abigail?”

“I learned how to do a cartwheel,” She told her.

“A cartwheel?” Lissy asked. “Now that is impressive. Can I see?”

Abbi shook her head. “I can’t. I’m wearing a skirt.”

“You’ll have to show me later then,” Lissy smiled. She turned to me. “I’m so glad you could make it.”

“Me too,” I replied. “These must be the infamous Josh, Ben, and Sky.”

The boys chuckled. 

“Infamous?” The blonde asked jokingly. “Well, it seems Lissy speaks quite highly of us.” He chuckled. “I’m Ben. You must be Olivia.”

I nodded. “Nice to meet you Ben.”

“I’m Sky,” The redhead told me. He nodded towards the brunette, who had started playing with the twins. “That’s Josh.”

“It’s nice to meet you, Sky. You play. . .”

“Albert,” He told me. 

Ben smiled. “I’m Race. Josh is Jojo and Darcy.”