Girls Night

Kali and the others sat in a circle on the floor. The nail polish was laid in the middle and everyone was picking one out. Kali just stared at the bottles confused.

Enid noticed and grabbed the dark red one. "I think you'd like this color. Look." She unscrewed the top and pulled out the brush. "And then you put it in your nails." She painted her left thumb's nail and held it out to show her. "See."

Kali grabbed her hand and looked at it closely. Then she touched it with her own thumb before Enid could tell her not to. The polish smeared and stained her black glove. Kali blinked confused.

Enid chuckled and used a paper towel to clean the polish off Kali's glove. "Yeah, so you can't touch it till it dries." She set the paper towel down and grabbed the brush to fix the polish on her thumb. "It's paint so you have to leave it alone to dry or you ruin it." She finished and screwed the cap back on, turning to Kali. "Wanna try it? I can do it for you."

Kali looked at the bottle of nail polish. It didn't seem like anything bad. She looked down at her gloved hands. But if the paint goes on her nails then she'd have to take off her gloves. She wears gloves so people don't see her keloid scars. It's also why she only wears pants and long sleeves. It's not because she's ashamed of her scars necessarily, but because they always make people ask questions. At least in this situation Enid knows about her past already. So though she hasn't seen the scars like Wednesday has, she probably won't ask any questions because she can figure out the answers on her own. Unfortunately, Yoko, Bianca, and Divina don't know about her past. Which means they will have questions. And though Kali doesn't really care if they know about her past since Enid, Wednesday, and Eugene seem to trust them, she really doesn't want to have to explain all of it for the second time in the same day. Maybe she can just have Enid answer all their questions so she doesn't have to.

"I'll try it," Kali said which made Enid smile widely.

"Awesome! Just take your gloves off and we can begin."

Kali glanced at Bianca, Yoko, and Divina who were still debating which color they wanted. She slowly slid off her first glove and heard a small gasp leave Enid's lips. She ignored it and took off her second before finally looking up at Enid, unsure what was swirling through her mind right now.

Anger. Anger was swirling through Enid's mind as she stared at the scars on the backs of Kali's hand. She remembered the scars she saw on her back on that day in the library. So these scars must've been the product of the experiments done on her. Kali's power allows her to grow and manipulate her bones. The scar on her back ran down her spine and over her ribs, these ones were on her fingers and seemed to continue underneath her sleeve. The scars seems to run over her skeleton. That made sense with her power. And it pissed Enid off to see it. Kali didn't deserve to go through what she did. And she definitely doesn't deserve to have permanent reminders of it scarred into her skin forever.

She carefully grabbed Kali's hands and ran her thumbs over the bumpy scar tissue. "I'll make them pay for this."

Kali didn't know how to respond, so she didn't. Bianca, Divina, and Yoko were watching them now. They shared hesitant looks, wondering if they should ask or not. Enid noticed their gaze and shook her head at them.

Yoko cleared her throat and pulled out her phone. "So what are we listening to while we do our nails?" Enid smiled and opened her mouth but Yoko glared at her and stopped her. "I swear to god, pup, if you say K-pop I'm going to stab my self with a wooden stake."

Enid pouted. "I was going to say Taylor Swift."

"Why don't we let Kali pick," Divina suggested.