9.

When Monday morning comes, I didn't see Conner in the hallway immediately like I normally do and I was thankful for that. But when I did, he looked very happy to see me and I had to plaster on a fake grin and smile through the gnawing guilt. But I made it through the day and I didn't breathe a word of what happened Saturday night. So when I got up this morning, I did my makeup, put on a cute and warm outfit and scurried off to school in my car. I haven't heard from Seth since I saw him on Sunday and that was two days ago now. I really hope he isn't angry with me, I probably made him feel so incredibly awkward. I'll be he's worried that I'm going to have feelings for him and make it even more awkward. That's why he can't know that I'm still in love with him, I need to do my best to just move on from him and forget about what we did. It doesn't change anything, he will never love me in that sense. 

Conner and I walk down the hallway together as we leave our last class of the day. He holds my hand in his until we reach my locker, I open it and put the rest of my books inside of it. He takes my by surprise by pressing his lips up against my own and kissing me, I kiss him back as another wave of guilt hits me.

Our lips part. "I wanna take you out tonight." He says smiling down at me.

I force a smile. "Oh, where to?" I ask.

"We can go to that steak restaurant again. You deserve a good experience there... I didn't know you hated double dates so much." He lightly chuckles.

"They just bore me.." I reply while forcing out a small laugh.

"Well I'll give you a better experience there tonight." He responds pecking my lips again. "I'll pick you up at six thirty."

When I get home, I finish up my science homework and start getting ready for my date with Conner. I put on a long sleeve velvet black dress and a pair of black heels. My hair is curled and I have a minimal amount of makeup on, I smile at my appearance in the mirror when I finish getting dressed but I feel anything but truly happy. This guilt is eating me alive, I feel like such a terrible person for doing this. Here my nice boyfriend is taking me out on a date tonight, and I've cheated on him. I'm awful.

Conner and I sit across from each other at the restaurant, but this time we're at a two seater table towards the middle of the room. After our waitress came by to take our drink orders, she begins Conner and I both two Cokes. Our waitress brings us out our food, I ordered the ribeye with fries again and he got the New York strip with mashed potatoes.

I begin eating my food as does Conner.

"You look really good tonight." He compliments me,
I smile at him.

"Thank you." I reply sheepishly.

Our waitress walks by our table, Conner lifts his glass and shakes it at her. She turns to look at him.

"Uh, are you gonna refill my drink or what?" He asks her.

The petite brunette smiles nervously. "I'm sorry, yes. I'll just go grab the pitcher." She says as she walks away.

I frown softly at this and continue eating.

"How was your day today?" He questions.

"It was fine. I mostly just sat through my classes which were mind numbing." I giggle softly, he smirks.

"Yeah, it was a pretty boring day for me too." He replies. "But I think tonight's going pretty well."

"It is." I say smiling at him.

Our waitress returns with the pitcher of Coke and begins refilling Conner's drink, he doesn't thank her or even look up at her. It really bothers me the way he treats the servers.