Chapter 12

Rose's POV

I woke up early so I could get to the hotel. I put on a white tank top with roses and a ruffled bottom, short jean shorts, and silver sandals with wraparound straps. I brushed my teeth and used mouth wash. Then I brushed my strawberry blonde hair until it looked decent and applied mascara, some pink eyeshadow, eyeliner, lip balm, pretty liquid red lipstick and put on charm bracelets. I actually felt pretty for once. I grabbed my bag for school then slowly went out of the house. I walked to the hotel Natalie and Jack were staying at because I don't have my license, only my permit.

"May I help you?" the lady behind the front desk asked. "Yes I'm here to visit Natalie and Jack Rosemary" I told her. She went on her computer and told me "They are in room 52 which is on the 2nd floor". "Thank you" I told her and went to find room 52. Once I did I knocked on the door. "Natalie it's Rose" I said. She opened the door and let me in. "Jack is all ready. Take him to the bus stop at 7:30. He'll be OK there on his own cause there will be other kids and their parents there. You'll still have time to make it to school" Natalie told me. Then Jack walked out looking kinda tired. "Jack Rose will be taking you to your bus this week. Behave for her" Natalie told him. "You look pretty Natalie" I told her. Her blonde hair was down and looked pretty and she was wearing a blue shirt, a high-waisted black skater skirt, and black converse with white laces. Her mascara, eyeliner, tiny bit of dark blue eyeshadow, concealer, and lip balm were applied perfectly and she had a silver heart necklace and charm bracelets on. "Thanks. You look pretty too Rose" Natalie told me. "I wanna look good for my boyfriend" I explained. "So do I" Natalie said.

Then I looked at the clock in the room. It was 7:30. "Well you 2 should be going. Here's your backpack Jack. I'll pick you up when you get dropped off at 3" Natalie told him. Jack grabbed my hand and said "Bye Naty". It was adorable how he called Natalie 'Naty'. I can't believe his Dad who's a complete asshole would hurt him like he has. Natalie doesn't get offended when me, Lisa, Victoria, or Carly insult her Dad cause she agrees with us. I led Jack to the main lobby of the hotel. As we were walking to the bus stop Jack told me "You have pretty hair. Why was the boy with the curly brown hair touching it yesterday?" I explained to Jack how "the boy with curly brown hair" was my boyfriend and how boyfriends will sometimes touch their girlfriend's hair. Then I had to explain to Jack all about boyfriends and girlfriends and how they love eachother. "Is the boy named Liam Naty's boyfriend?" Jack asked. "Yes he is Jack. He will never hurt your sister like your Daddy used to. And the other boys are also your sister's friend's boyfriends " I told him. I also said "Someday Jack you will find a girl who you will love and she will love you". "Eew! Girls have cooties. I don't wanna kiss any girls" Jack told me. Oh little kids I said in my mind. We arrived at the bus stop. I knew it was safe to leave Jack here because there were other kids and their parents here also. "Have a good day Jack. Natalie will pick you up when the bus drops you off" I told him. "You too Rose. Don't give your boyfriend Hawy cooties" Jack told me. He just made me laugh with his little kid sense of humor and adorablness.

I started walking in the direction of my school. As I was walking I got the gut feeling that someone was following and watching me but I shrugged it off. But I was getting paranoid and wishing i jad my license and was in a car. Then I heard rustling in the bushes and I swear I saw Natalie's Dad. I've never ran so fast in my life. He knew I was friends with Natalie and he would try to get me to tell him where they are. But that will never happen. Once I got to school I walked in kinda feeling safe. Her Dad couldn't get in here and if he tried the school would go into lockdown. But I had to warn Natalie about her Dad. He's probably planning to hide somewhere outside the school and when it's over he might look for Natalie, follow her, and find out where she's staying. Then who knows what he'll do. I can't let that happen.

Once I got to my locker I felt hands touching my waist. I just knew it was Harry. "Hey babe. You look hot today" he told me in his deep, raspy voice that I love. "Thanks Hazza. You don't look so bad yourself" I told him calling him by his nickname the boys and me call him."Why do you look scared?" Harry asked. "I don't look scared" I lied. "Yes you do Rose. I can see it in your eyes. What's wrong?" Harry asked. "I'll tell you later" I told him.