Choice

5 Years Later

Ian always knew that getting arrested was in the cards of the life he had chosen and he had come to terms with it. What he couldn't handle was that Emily, Declan and Mia to suffer because of him. He sighed as he looked at his hands which were cuffed to the table in front of him. For the first time in years he didn't know what to do, he didn't have a plan. The only thing he could was pray that Emily would be set free and allowed to have the custody of their children. 

He looked up as he heard the door to the interrogation room open and two men entered. Both looked like they wanted to beat him to death with their bare hands and the only hing stopping them was... He didn't know. 

"Sean MacAllister and this is Clyde Easter." the man with a Scottish accent said. He seemed more in control of his feelings than Easter was.

"What do you want to know?" Ian asked, surprising the agents. They weren't expecting him to be so defeated. Unwillingly Clyde remembered the conversation he had just had with Emily and started to think that she may have had a point.

Flashback 

Emily's hands were cuffed in front of her and two agents were holding her upper arms tightly as they led her to an office and made her sit down. She was surprised  asshe expected an interrogation room, not that. The two agents left after they sent her disgusted look and the person who came in after them shocked her. 

It was Clyde Easter. She wasn't expecting him to be here. She was sure after her betrayel had come to light, he would have wanted nothing to do with her. He made his way towards her and unlocked the cuffs, which confused her. He was supposed to be cautious now, right? After all she was the wife of Ian Doyle and-

Her thoughts were interrupted when a blonde agent brought Declan and her baby girl to her. She was so happy to see them that she momentarily forgot where she was and cradled them both and thanked the blonde agent. 

Seeing her like this with her children made Easter soften his face though he was still angry. 

"Emily, we need to talk." Easter said seriously, ending the happy reunion. She looked at him and noded, giving back her children to the other agent after kissing their cheeks. 

After they left, Emily stumbled back to her seat in defeat. 

"How old is she?" he asked out of curiosity.

"One. Two in three months." she said, avoiding eye contact which made lose control.

He held her chin tightly and forced her to look at him, scaring her with this. Back in the day, he would have been ashamed of himself for it but now, five years after her betrayel, he couldn't care.

"What the fuck were you thinking Emily? What has gotten into you?  How could you run off with him? How could forget everything he has done, how many people suffer because of him?"

He expected an angry response or for her to get defensive but she did what he thought she would never do. She cried. 

"It's not that simple." she said between her sobs. "I never forgot what he was or what he was capable of , Clyde but I really fell in love with him and after all those disappointments, I didn't want to lose him." she finished, having calmed down and stopped crying.

Clyde sighed and sat down on the table. Ian Doyle wasn't first man she had been sent to seduce. There were eight men before him and none of them had made her feel like this. Not to mention they lasted far earlier than expected and none of them had a child that she could be a mother to which would enforce the bond she would form with her undercover assignment.