24- irl

- Hello roomie!!! Yells Timothée entering his apartment. Miss me?

- Not a tiny little bit, I lie to him from the kitchen finishing what I was going in a hurry, but I did prepare a welcome back surprise if you're interested.

- Oh, my gosh, really? He gets excited and hops to the kitchen.

- Alright alright don't get your hopes up it's just cookies.

- Awesome! He takes cookies from the plate I was holding and kisses my cheek making me hold in a smile. You're the best.

- Oh and you have mail which I put on your bedroom's doorstep and Zendaya and Tom said we were invited at their house?

- Yeah they're having a party tonight.

- Oh cool, you're going I assume?

- Yep, are you?

- Yeah why not, haven't been to a party since I broke up with Thomas.

- For real? He exclaims as he climbs the stairs to go read his mail.

- Yeah crazy I know. I love parties!

- Alright then let's get dress and go! And oh gosh your cookies are so good, you are divine.

- Thank you, thank you.

I smile and grab a cookie as I leave the kitchen to get dressed. I choose an all white outfit with a beautiful lace corset and put on a natural makeup. And take a quick picture in front of the mirror to remind me later that if I want I can look hot. When I get out I see Timothée opted for a white ensemble as well. He looks a little overdressed but maybe I should've put more thoughts into mine, I have no idea how big this party is gonna be.

- Hey we're matching! He laughs and gives me a high five.

- Yeah haha, how fun. Are you going to a gala or?

- Never too dressed for a party. Also you know there's gonna be like tons of people.

- Oh! Like how much is tons?

- Hundreds.

- Damn. Maybe I should've put on something fancier, I look at my clothes wondering if I have time to change.

- What are you taking about? You look amazing don't worry.

- Thanks, I smile hoping I'm not blushing. Let's go then.

- Let's go! He says as he grabs his keys and gently pushes me outside.

We walk silently, not knowing what to talk about, we chatted a lot while he was gone so we both know what each other has been doing the past months and, I myself am too overthinking what Tom told me a few weeks ago about making a move. Should I make a move? How do I try to make him understand I wanna know him better? I can't randomly start a conversation about his family or his deep fears, it would be weird. Maybe I shouldn't have written that song about him, he might understand what it's about when the album drops. But I told him none of the songs were about him, maybe he'll believe me and think it's about someone else. Which is highly unlikely considering the fact that the song talks about living with recently made best friend and the ever-present dilemma on how to deal with realising you like a stranger more than your own boyfriend. It's pretty obvious really. I should talk to him before he listens to the song, I wouldn't want him to learn about it that way. Or would I? Maybe I should just sing him the song.

- Allie you okay? I hear his voice snapping me out of my thoughts.

- Allie? I frown surprised by the nickname, that's new. Nobody calls me that.

- Sorry, I didn't mean-

- No it's fine! I cut him off, it's nice. And yeah I'm fine, I was just thinking about stuff.

- Thinking? Or overthinking? He looks at me waiting for an answer but I just sigh and roll my eyes. Alex, you know, first, you shouldn't assume stuff about people, if they need to tell you something, they will, if not then it's their problem, and if you have something to say to someone, you should just get it out so you won't regret it when you no longer have the opportunity.

- You're a surprisingly wise man.

- Surprisingly? Ouch.

- Thanks though, I smile, it's good advice. Not that I was overthinking.

- Yeah not at all. You didn't have smoke coming out of your head.

- Shut up, I punch his arm and we stop in front of a big and very loud house. We're here, I ring the bell and Tom opens.

- Seems like the party's going well! Says Timothée entering before me and greeting people one by one.

- You guys came together? Asks Tom when Timothée's out of sight.

- Because we live together, that's all.

- Did you tell him?

- Tell him what? There's nothing to say.

- Alex you baked him cookies and you wrote an entire song about him.

- I write songs about lots of people.

- Mmh we both know that's not true. The only love songs you have, and, let me remind you, there are only two, are about Thomas, whom you've loved very deeply for a very long amount of time. You've never written about any crushes you've had.

- I only had meaningless relationships before I met Thomas.

- But you still had boyfriends and girlfriends and none of your songs were about them.

- Look Tom, I'm just here for the party, so I'm gonna go say hi to Zendaya, thank her for the invite and then go dance and meet awesome people. I can already spot some celebrities I absolutely adore, so I'm gonna be busy!!!

- Right, stay in denial all you want, if you wait too long, Timothée will have moved on and you'll have missed your opportunity.

- Ugh, opportunities, I grumble, you know what opportunity is offered to me at this moment? Meeting Billie Eilish, bye! I wave at him with a big smile on my face and join the party.