Part I

-I don't understand, what is exactly the thing that you need? Time? Distance?

He looked devastated.

-No... I just don't feel it anymore. - I admitted.
-But how? When did this happen??
-I don't know!- I lied - It's not like I marked it on my calendar!

He sighed, trying to get calm.

-It just started to feel different, - I continued - like too familiar.
-So you want someone different, that's what you're saying?
- No... - lie again - I mean, Mathew, it's been 10 years!
-Exactly! We were supposed to be together from now on, for the rest of our lives!
-You never asked me to.

So that's the way it ended.

Let me explain to you how it started.
Well, it's the same old story. A boy and a girl. Falling in love, too young to care, too bold to look back.

Of course I thought that we were perfect in the beginning. I loved everything about him. His eyes, his smile, but mainly, his hugs. Since the first moment that we met, after he said hello, he hugged me in a way that made me feel that all the world around me could fell apart and I would never notice.

I really felt the connection, you know? The vibes, the magic sparks and the fireworks, all included. I really did.

It was him that took too long to feel it.