46.

"There's a reason. No one cares that you drive an expensive car. No one drives that you have the perfect hair! And no one cares that you're captain of the lacrosse team!" Derek shouts at Jackson.

"Excuse me?" Scott questions making Derek and Jackson look up to see us at the top of the stairs. "Co-captain."

Scott jumps to the bottom of the stairs and when he looks back, he reveals that he's shifted. I rush down the stairs and pull Jackson up to his feet. My eyes widen when Derek growls at him. "Move!"

"No," Scott shakes his head.

"Fine. I'll kill you, too."

Suddenly, I hear an arrow being fired from outside. "Cover your eyes!" An arrow flies through a window and lands in the wall. Numerous bullets are fired at the house, and Derek grabs my hand and pulls me behind a piece of furniture with him.

I look up to see that Scott's been hit. "SCOTT!" I scream. I gasp when I see blood coming out of both the wound and his mouth.

"Scott! Go!" Derek shouts. Scott doesn't move, and Derek glances around the corner. He jumps up and pulls Scott to his feet. "Run!" Scott runs through the house, but I don't. "Cassie--," Derek starts.

"I'm not leaving you," I shake my head.

"You have to," he states.

"I'm. Not. Leaving. You." He shifts back to normal, and I look up at him. "I love you, Derek."

~ ~ ~

My eyes slowly open, and I groan in pain. I slowly look around to see that I'm in some kind of closet.

What the hell?

I don't-- I don't remember what happened. The last thing I remember is that I stayed with Derek, and I told him I loved him, and then... everything went dark.

I hear Derek scream in pain, and my eyes widen. I try to stand up, but I can't move. I look down to see that my wrists are tied to the chair I'm in and my legs are, too. I pull at my wrists and legs, but they're tied tight. Tears roll down my cheeks as Derek's screams fill my ears.

After a while, he goes quiet, and I look up.

Oh, God. I hope he's okay.

~ ~ ~

The door opens, and I look up to see Kate Argent, Allison's aunt, standing in the doorway. "Sorry to keep you waiting. I don't usually treat my guests like that," Kate states.

She reaches forward and rips the tape off my mouth. "What the hell did you do to him, you bitch?" I hiss.

"Oh, you're not very nice either, are you?" she comments. "You mean, Derek? Your... boyfriend?" I narrow my eyes at her. "He's fine. Trust me, I'm not gonna kill him that quickly." I'm quiet. "Do you want to join us? This closet might be too stuffy." I still don't respond. "I'm gonna take that as a yes." She pulls out a knife, and I try to move away from her. "If you try anything... and I mean anything, I will kill Derek. I don't care what he might know. I will kill him. If you listen to me and follow my orders, he'll live. Got it?" I'm quiet. "Got it?!"

"Got it," I respond.

She reaches down and cuts the zip-ties off my wrists and legs. I don't move from the chair, so she reaches into her holster and pulls out a gun. "Stand up." I slowly stand up and she pushes me forward. "Let's go."