NEW STORY

𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘:

𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘:

𝓞𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫 was told that drowning felt like torture. You can't breathe, you panic, you lose all sense of hope and security, and you're either saved or dead. All that is similar to the act of being in love, and she carries those thoughts and those beliefs with her right into her teenage years. For years, her mother whispered sacred things into her ear in the middle of the night. Sacred things about love, about the torture that follows, about the uncertainty and anxiety one feels when they fall into that state of simply being in love.

It's no surprise that Olivia has never been in love. She's been tied back from such an act, not physically, but she feels mentally restrained from ever falling in love. She had no father figure growing up and had watched her mother fall into a depressive state over a man Olivia never met. She had witnessed nights of torture for years, and Olivia never wants to feel that.

The Millers are a respectable family. They didn't use to be, but after years of suffrage, her mother made a name for herself and her daughter. She stands by her mother proudly everyday, very grateful to have her by her side. They live amongst Figure Eight which is the land they once looked at in earnest, the land they wished to be apart of, but the land they were tied back from. It had been both Olivia and her mother's dream to be apart of this legacy and to be amongst generations of respectable beings.

Leaving the Cut was difficult, Olivia wouldn't lie, but she knew she and her mother would be much better off. She watched her mother struggle and work ten times harder to make every little girl's dream of Olivia's come true and because of that, Olivia would forever cherish her mother. She and her mother were poor, homeless, and they struggled, but Olivia was amongst good people, people who would still do anything for her, despite her departure from the Cut.

She grew up with John Booker Routledge, her best and most cherished friend to this day. They were once neighbours but since her move to Figure Eight, they were separated. She misses him dearly and attempts to speak to him whenever she gets the chance, especially since he comes into her place of work every so often. Yes, she had been born and raised on the Cut, but she bloomed on Figure Eight and was able to grow. She has her foot in both sides, as she would put it, but some would disagree with her.

She joined the Kook Academy in the ninth grade, surrounded herself with good people who showed her respect and made her feel wanted. She meets another friend, Kiara Carrera, who offers her a job at her family's business, and Olivia believes everything can only get better from here.

And it definitely does, all until she finds herself roped into an adventure in which she struggles to escape from falling in love with him.