The Interview

Warning: Includes swearing

Ivy paced back and forth in her office, her heart racing. This was it. Lena Parron, the wealthy heiress, was finally going to meet her end, at least in terms of Ivy's hard-hitting interview.

Mia, her supportive and enthusiastic colleague, tapped her foot on the floor. "And you're sure we've got this?" Mia asked, seeking reassurance. Ivy nodded confidently, "Oh, come on. We're going to nail this. I've practiced over and over, and I know what I'm going to say well enough I can say it in my sleep."

Mia sighed, and bit her pen—an obvious nervous habit. Ivy was quick to reassure her, "You don't even have to do much of the talking, I've got this. I'm finding my voice as a reporter like you said to do."

A smile crept onto Mia's face. Ivy was one of the best reporters at Shore Media, having earned numerous accolades and consistently gracing the front page. Her gift for words was unparalleled, captivating readers in ways they had never experienced before.

Despite her remarkable skills, Ivy had always struggled with shyness, often relying on others interviews and online sources for her pieces. But not today. Today, she was determined to stand her ground and truly make a name for herself.

Curious about Ivy's strong stance against Lena, Mia asked, "What do you have against her anyway?" Ivy rolled her eyes and sat down, waiting for Lena to arrive. "Well, for starters, she's a rich and spoiled brat! Her family's wealth comes from underpaying their employees. Secondly, with all that money, she could be making a difference, saving lives, but instead, she does nothing. Thirdly, she tries to charm her way out of every situation, flirting with everyone and appearing on magazines doing her sexy eyebrow raise thing. It's infuriating!"

Unbeknownst to them, Lena Parron had arrived, and she couldn't resist eavesdropping on their conversation. "Well, at least you think I'm sexy," Lena interjected.

Mia froze, and Ivy was momentarily speechless as she found herself face-to-face with Lena Parron. "I'm just gonna have to take that all as a compliment? Care to enter my office?"

The CEO took her hair out of her pony tail and ran her fingers through it. Her beautiful dark hair. Those green eyes. She leaned forward exposing her cleavage and Ivy wanted to pass out. She couldn't stop staring.

"So..what do you want to ask me? I already know you guys don't want autographs so care to enlighten me on why you are wasting my time."

Ivy felt a wave of hurt. Lena didn't want to see her? The gorgeous, brunette, with emerald eyes and some of the best cleavage Ivy had ever laid eyes on didn't want to see her.

'What? She doesn't even know you! Gosh get a grip Ivy Foster,' Ivy yelled to herself. Mia was obviously expecting Ivy to answer. She had offered to do some research on Lena for this interview but Ivy said she had it all under control and was totally going to 'grill' Lena. Right now Ivy felt like she was being grilled.

"Why..do you have better things to do? Like..party on your yacht and...sip thousand dollar wine!"

Mia flinched, this was not how this was supposed to go.

"Oh? You're a little feisty aren't you? I'll have you know I don't own a yacht anymore..I own 3 and in terms of wine...yeah thousand dollar wine is about right," Lena said smugly. "Anything else you'd like to ask me sweetheart?"

Lena raised her eyebrow, the way that was mentioned in magazines. One news outlet had written three whole paragraphs about it only to close the piece with, 'You have to see it in person to understand,' and unfortunately Ivy would have to agree.