09 | La Familia

𝓒HAPTER NINE.

Love Is A Graceful Journey, But Sometimes, It Can Lead Us Through Rough Terrain. When Facing Problems With Girls Or Anyone, Remember To Stay True To Your Priorities. Love Is Important, But So Is Your Growth, Self-Respect, & Personal Well-Being.

- 𝒥uan Collins

𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐂 𝐈 | VOLUME ONE

LA FAMILIA
[ HARLEM, NY ]

Ascending the stairs, they were met with a gruesome scene of bloodstained floors and a lifeless bodies. The injured people on the ground, grappling with bullet wounds across their body, was either attempting to alleviate the pain or grasping for their final breaths. The sight was deeply unsettling. Firearms started to drift towards the exit, and Juan observed Wayne's associate hurrying outside, while guests were fleeing from the rear in a state of fear. Amid the chaos, Juan's primary concern was the safety of Malik, Roscoe, and Jade, hoping they had managed to avoid harm. However, the urgency was to prioritize their own safety, particularly given that he was accompanying Emauni. — After being informed by Sosa that threats were directed at Emauni's life, Juan recognized the weight of responsibility he bore. Any harm to her would be attributed to him, as he was the last seen with her. Thus, caution was of the utmost importance.

"This what we gon' do, you stay here and-" Facing Emauni, who stood behind him on the final staircase, he was met with a profoundly shocked expression. She interrupted him mid-sentence, clearly disagreeing with his proposed plan. "Hell no! I'm not staying here by myself, are you crazy?" In a semi-yelled tone that only he could hear, she expressed her reluctance. Being alone was the last thing she desired. Normally, she would have been surrounded by a team of seven men in situations like this, ensuring her safety. However, in the current scenario, she found herself with only Juan, a man she scarcely knew and was still uncertain about. "You wanna die?" Growing weary of her attitude, he asked her in a serious tone, refusing to tolerate her behavior any longer. He had reached his limit of being caught in conflicts with her, and this was definitely not the opportune moment for such disagreements.

"Obviously not." Responding with a matching attitude, she conveyed her determination while tilting her head slightly. This gesture aimed to emphasize the significance of staying alive, not just for herself but for both of them. A bullet whizzed perilously close to Juan, followed by a gunshot that prompted both of them to instinctively take cover. The gunfire persisted, prompting Juan to make eye contact with Emauni, signaling for her to retreat downstairs before he closed the door behind her. He returned fire in the direction of the gunshots before positioning himself behind the opposite wall and pressing his back against it. His alertness was evident as he vigilantly scanned his surroundings, using the large window to observe the ongoing chaos outside. He witnessed Malik safeguarding Sincere towards a car amidst the exchange of gunfire, the tense situation leaving Juan in a precarious position.