Tagging Along

○ ○ ○

"Oho, you sure are stubborn, you know that? You get that from me, I just know it."

The aged but energetic lady bellowed in delight. Sure, she was a grandmother, but she wasn't old. Passionate enough to adventure in jungles and forests even the bravest wouldn't dare.

"Alright. You have the okay by me. Besides. We could always use an extra pair of eyes. And your skills do come in handy. I was never good at healing other's wounds." She shook her head to herself, as though replaying a memory she almost couldn't believe, but laughed lightheartedly. "Although... you'll have to convince your mother. That won't be easy, you know."

I sighed, but there was a smile behind my words.
"Yeah, yeah. Which is why... you'll convince her." I teased.

"Me?! Hah! Your mother won't listen to a word I say! It'll have to be all you!" Hollyberry chuckled.

"Your majesty. Maybe it's best she doesn't join us? You understand there is a reason I'm coming to guard you on this trip-"
"Oh Wildberry. There's nothing to fear! I've all the right supplies, and you're strong enough to protect the both of us, should worst come to worst. Which it won't! I'll make sure safety is a priority." Hollyberry cut him off.

Wildberry let out a soft grumble of disapproval. But what could he say, against his own mom? She was never swayed easily, and she'd never taken 'no' for an answer.

"Cheer up, Wildberry. Everything will be alright. I've got a good feeling about this!" She then turned to me, eyes sparkling.
"Y/n, we'll most likely spend a few nights in a handful of cities. How about some inspiration for your newest project, eh?" She ended her words with a wink.

Hollyberry had always been my biggest supporter on whatever I was working on, architecture or not. I always kept her up-to-date with whatever idea I'd planned. Small decorations in this square of the kingdom here, a possible fountain or landmark there. Fortunately, (and unfortunately), there was always something new I was trying to design. As of late, however, there wasn't much motivation.

"You really think so? I'm not sure, Hollyberry. You'd be surprised at how bland certain kingdoms can look. Not a spark of creativity, that's for sure." I let out another sigh, solem this time.
She stared at me, pleading in her eyes.
"Oh fine, I trust you. Who could doubt the Queen Mother of the Hollyberry Kingdom?"
Hollyberry grinned at my decision, but interrupted herself in her excitement.

"Ah. We should stop dawdling. I suggest you go and convince Jungleberry into allowing you to come. That won't be easy! Hm, you know what, Y/n? I'll help you out. Wildberry, prepare a hearty glass of berry juice for the Queen!"
Hollyberry was already celebrating our early victory of winning Jungleberry over, enough at least to let me join the party.

He pinched his forehead, unamused, muttering to himself. "This family just never knows where the line stops..."

As Hollyberry and Wildberry dispersed, I watched the two send each other a small farewell, one more ecstatic than the other. This was going to be perfect.

○ ○ ○

whoopsies I haven't ever really published any if my stories before (((I promise it'll get better I'm just setting things up))), its so fun to write dialouge for hollyberry i love her