𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

This is the worst day ever. I got to school late, then after the first period I got my period, so I arrived late also to the second period. Then at lunch I remembered I forgot my lunch, and I had only enough money to buy water and an apple. During all this Blair, my best friend, didn't stop talking once, so also my brain's gone. Now I have to go to the third period, ancient history, and she has a science one, I don't even know why, but deep down I'm glad, so finally, maybe my brain will restart a little. Shit, i forgot my notebook in the canteen, really could this day go worse? 

I'm finally here for history class, thank god the professor's late, or I'd already have three calls and it's only November. I start going to the only empty seat in the whole classroom. Wow, I didn't know so many people would be interested in ancient history. The seat is next to a guy with blonde straight hair, which is almost dripping gel, and he's so lost into drawing doodles on his notebook that he doesn't even notice that I'm going there to him. 

"I'm sorry, is this seat taken?" I ask as my bag already starts sliding down my arm.

"Now it is" he answers with a grin. He gestures me to sit down and he says "I'm Jack, how are you?" and he reaches his hand out for me to shake. 

I take it gladly "I'm Iris" I reply smiling 

"Like the song?" he asks almost too quickly. "Yeah, like the song" I agree laughing.

I was almost starting to relax, and my brain to settle, when when a guy grabs Jack's arm so quickly that I jump out of surprise.

"Oh, man you didn't keep me a seat!" he complains reaching out for the desk since he's so out of breath. Guess there's somebody later than me.

"Sorry Alex, Iris came first" Jack pats him on the back, and I look up. My heart drops. Oh my shit. He's green eyed possible Alex. Well, without the possible, now that I know his name's really Alex. But god, him. It's been two months since the last day of summer, when I saw him for the first time. I had dropped it after a week. I know campus is big, but after not finding him for a whole week when I had my private investigator Blair to my service, I really gave up. 

I stand up too quickly probably, but I don't care "Hi, I'm Iris, and I can go, really, there's no problem, he just told me the seat wasn't taken, so I sat" I'm already grabbing my things, but he says "No, look, the girl that was seating behind you just left, I'll just seat there, no problem". He's so beautiful, too much, even.

So he seats behind me, and I can feel his presence the whole period, making it almost impossible for me to focus on the professor talking. This is just too fitting to be a coincidence, I swear if Blair isn't behind this, the universe is really messed up. I can hear and feel him write down almost everything the professor says, I can feel Alex behind me, oh god, this is a dream come true.

His pen slips from his hands and lands right under my chair, but I don't do anything, I don't know what the hell is up with me, but I want him to reach for me and ask me to pick it up for me. And he does. 

"Iris, sorry" he whispers, and I can feel is breath on my neck, oh god "can you please pick up my pen? It's right under your chair" 

I nod and I bend down to take it, and when I give it to him, I smile, and so does he. Good, now I don't just have his eyes and simple a 'hello', but also his smile, him being out of breath, a glimpse of his handwriting, and him whispering, and his breath on my neck.

Guess today isn't so bad after all.