chapter fifty five

~maddy lively~ (sexual content)

I wake up to the sound of pans clanking and food cooking, pulling myself up from the bed i groan remembering the date. i walk over to the shower and get in before washing my hair and body feeling the hot water relax my body as i think about all the stuff im going to have to do today. today i am officially a sixteen year old girl and i have no idea whether to be excited or scared.

getting out, i wrapped a towel around myself before brushing my teeth and then walking back out to now see there is a dress laid out on my bed that defiantly wasn't there when i woke up. alongside it is some necklaces and bracelets with a pair of earrings as well, beneath it is some shoes. this was definitely Aliyah.

quickly getting into the dress and placing the earrings in my ears i smiled at myself in the mirror before walking downstairs only to be met with balloons all on the floor and banners hanging everywhere, as i walked into the kitchen Aliyah turned around and gasped as she looked at me.

''oh hunny you look beautiful'' she smiled before wrapping me up in a loving hug. i feel my body relax as she holds me in her embrace. my dad comes walking down the stairs with a big smile on his face and something hidden behind his back.

one of my eyebrows raise as i wonder what it is, ''is it present time?'' jay suddenly questions as he walks into the room with some of his friends behind him, im pretty sure its kyle and then tyler. ''yeah we can do presents'' he cheers before sitting down and i go to sit down on the chair that says birthday girl.

''here open mine first'' jay says handing me a box, i give it a shake before unwrapping the ribbon on it to see that its a necklace, pulling it out and looking at it i realize it says my name, a small smile spreads across my face at how much i love it. ''thank you jay'' i give him a side hug before Aliyah hands me hers tapping her feet on the floor excitedly.

i take out the jumper before looking at it, its a plain black jumper with a little rose in the corner, ''how did you know i wanted this?'' i question remembering looking at this in the shop but not getting it because i didn't want to spend my money on myself. ''amelia told me you where looking at it'' i smile before getting up and hugging her, ''thank you'' she smiles before handing me another gift.

i laugh lightly before unwrapping this one and a shocked smile lands on my face, its a beautiful bracelet that has charms on it. ''oh my god its stunning'' i say before hugging her again and thanking her. ''we didn't know what to get you so we got you this'' kyle tells me before handing me a card, opening the card, some money falls into my lap and i immediately want to give it back. you should be able to fend for yourself not take off others. my mothers voice runs through my head but i gently push it back before smiling.

''thank you boys'' they both get up and hug me before sitting back down. ''okay now my turn'' my dad hands me a box, i look at him before opening it to reveal a beautiful gold chain, looking closer at the little things at the bottom i realize its a K and an M. ''so she can always be close to your heart'' my dad tells me as a small sniffle escapes me, ''thanks dad'' i get up and wrap my arms around him tightly appreciating the warmth of his arms, arms that always make me feel safe.

---

its much later in the afternoon now and deigo has messaged me saying hes on his way to pick me up, right now im in my room re-touching my make-up and making sure i look okay. im abit nervous to meet his mom, but im sure it will be fine.... right?

suddenly i hear the beat of she will be loved by maroon 5 playing softly outside. walking downstairs i open the front door to see deigo leaning against his door holding a bouquet of pink roses, his hair had clearly been neatened up and he was dressed in a black dress shirt with a few buttons undone and some nice dress pants. i dont mind spending everyday, out on your corner in the pouring rain.