Speech

Have you ever heard of the curse of the mummy? here's where the legend began.... its over 100 years old...

Tutankhamun is one of the most famous Pharaohs of Egypt. He became Pharaoh at only 9 years old! And ended his rein when he was around 17 to 19. The tomb of Tutankhamun was discovered in egypt the Valley of the Kings in 1922 by excavators led by Howard Carter. This was more than 3,300 years after Tutankhamun's death and burial.

 One of the most common questions asked is: How Did Tutankhamun also known as, King Tut Die? King Tut died at 17 or 19 years of age, around 1324 B.C, but there are many theories surrounding how he died. There is a small bone fragment on the inside of his skull that led some historians to believe that King Tut was murdered by a blow to the back of his head. But new(er) information tells us that the skull fragment is from the embalming process witch dislodged the piece of bone. Other researchers believe an injury to his knee which may gotten  infected may have caused his death. 

BUT New info from genetic research says king tut and his family had epilepsy, most likely killing him. He also had club foot meaning it would be incredibly hard for him to balance on a chariot. Tho, the Egyptian Pharaohs were expected to lead their army's out to battle, this explains the chariot buried in his tomb. we don't know if he injured his knee in a chariot accident or not. 

 What makes Tutankhamun so special, is his tomb was the only one found intact in modern times, necropolis seal was unbroken. ( the priests who mummify(d) and entombed him, put  a spell of sorts on the door to ward off evil. this is the necropolis seal.) 

There were over thousand things found is tut's tomb but i'm only going to say some of the more interesting ones. for example:  

they found 4 Canopic Jars. these jars contained the heart, liver, kidneys  and lungs. why not the brain? they didn't think it was important, they believed you thought with your heart.

a Senet Game. An ancient version of a board game was called Senet, or "passing". symbolized the passage from life to death and had been played in Egypt for about 1800 years by the time the young king died.

Statue of Anubis. Anubis was the jackal headed god who gave orders and cared for the souls of the Egyptian dead. 

all of this stuff was important because the intact seal meant that it was a snap shot of how they honored their dead kings. its a slice of time untouched by grave robbers. 

aright now for the part you've been waiting for... THE MUMMY'S CURSE!!!!! *drama*

let's just say- everyone who opened tut's tomb... IS NOW DEAD!!!!!  

but all joking aside, George Herbert, 5th Earl of Carnarvon died a few months after the tomb was opened, from blood poising.  another interesting victim of the *curse*- Sir Archibald Douglas Reid who X-rayed tuts mummy, got sick the next day and died three days later. George Jay Gould got sick immediately after visiting the tomb, and died of pneumonia a couple months later. 

news papers of the day implied that up to nine victims of tuts curse, but don't believe everything you read. So, do you believe in titd curse? Or are you in da Nile. 

*Dramatic walk away*

YOU MAY NOT USE THIS FOR YOUR SPEECH UN ANY WAY!