The Brightest Smile Hides the Most Pain

Yuno and Asta grew up together so there was nothing either could hide from the other, right?

Well, that's what Yuno thought, anyways. Yuno knew how he and Asta had always been treated. And Asta usually got the brunt of it since he didn't have any magic. He also knew that afterwards, Asta would disappear for hours before returning with even more bruises on his body than he left with.

It started the day Yuno had his necklace stolen. When he swore he would stop crying and vowed that he was going to be the next Wizard King to keep Asta safe.

Despite knowing everything about him, Yuno never knew what he did to get those bruises or how much the words of others actually affected the spirited boy. He also never realized, after everything they had been through together, that he started to be a main contributor to Asta's hurting, not that the ash-blond would ever show it.

Hey Guys!!! New story I wanted to start. I know, I know, Wattpad, I've got enough that I have yet to finish, but if i didn't get this written down, I would have never remembered to do it. Anyways, this may sound strange, but I am a fan of fan fictions where the overly cheery character is hiding their pain and suffering from everyone else. It may just be because I'm one of those people and like to see I'm not the only one, but I also find it interesting to get how they actually feel behind the smiles. And I couldn't find any fanfics like that for Black Clover (or at least for yuno x asta) and wanted to see one be done. Anyways, I'm rambling. This will be a Yuno x Asta story and will mostly be in Asta or Yuno's POV. I might have some other black bulls pov at some point, but haven't figured it out yet.