Broken Promises

Deep in the underground, there were fallen piles of rubble scattered everywhere. A small light shined in the darkness as they headed deeper into the pit. An endo arm reached on top of a pile of rocks as a woman pulled herself up them. Ayla hoisted herself up and hopped down, landing on her feet with a thud on the ground. Ayla shined the flashlight around and spotted a few mindless endos roaming around within the darkness. Ayla set her bag down and pulled out her mask. It was covered in green and blue glow in the dark paint and had a face drawn on it. She put it on the back of her head and she continued, walking towards the animatronics. As Ayla walked past them, she heard footsteps storming behind her before they stopped in their tracks. Ayla turned around, facing the endos to see them frozen in place.

"Thank goodness, it worked." She smiled and turned around heading deeper in. "It's got to be here somewhere." Ayla shined the light around until she spotted what she was looking for and walked up to the large doors, heading inside. Freddy Fazbear's Pizzaria. The one place she wasn't supposed to go. Where anyone wasn't supposed to go.

Ayla walked inside the Pizzaria to find it more in ruins and destroyed. Ayla slowly looked over to a closed off section and slowly walked over to the hole. She walked past a skeleton, wearing security guard clothes and peered into the abyss. Ayla started to climb down the construction until she made it to the bottom.

"That thing doesn't seem to be around anymore." Ayla whispered softly. She hissed softly as she felt her arm acting up again. She will have to check it out when she gets back to parts and services. Ayla felt her foot tap against something on the ground and she shined her light down to see what it was. It was a rabbit mask with brown spots on it. Ayla bent down and picked up, examining it. It looked a lot different from Vanny's. She turned it over and her eyes widen in surprise to see wiring inside the mask with red lenses. Ayla slowly raised the mask to her face and was about to put it on.

"Ayla..." Ayla's eyes widened and she quickly shined her light around. That voice. It sounded familiar.

"Hello?" She called out.

"Ayla, where are you?" the voice called out again. Ayla's eyes widened. That voice...it sounded like her dad! She took a step about to head to source where sound was coming from. Ayla jumped when she heard a loud static echoed from her fazwatch.

"Ayla, where are you? The daycare attendants are getting worried that you haven't come back from parts and services! Sun has been asking for you repeatedly. Moon is getting agitated." She heard Freddy's voice spoke on the other end.

"Freddy, I-I'm coming! I just got lost with the time. I need to finish up a few things. Tell Moon and Sun I'll be there soon." She replied. Ayla hated that she had lied to Freddy and the others, but she had to make sure. She had to...She had to see for herself if he was really gone.

"Okay, superstar. I'll see you soon." Freddy said. Ayla hanged up and looked back one last time into the darkness where she heard the voice. She didn't hear it anymore. Ayla looked down at the mask in her hand, again. There was something off about this mask. She needed to look into it further. Ayla put the rabbit mask in her bag and turned back and climbed up the structures, heading back to the pizzaplex.

It sounded so much like her father. But he was dead. He couldn't be alive.

Ayla walked inside the Atrium, passing by many people and kids running around and talking with a couple of the animatronics she built. There was a little girl dancing with a ballora. Two boys listening to Funtime Freddy and Funtime Foxy as they argued over who jokes were better. A couple of kids hanging and climbing on Mangle as she walked around. Ayla saw Chica and Roxy as she headed towards the stage elevator to take down to parts and services.

"Hey, Chica! Hey, beautiful!" Ayla smiled, waving to them.

"Ayla, where were you?" Chica asked.

"Yeah, we heard that you were in parts and services." Roxy replied.

"I needed to use the restroom." Ayla told them. "Now, that I'm done. I just needed to finish up a few things and I'll head to the daycare."

"Okay, see you later!" Chica waved.

"Don't work yourself out." Roxy said.

"Bye, girls!" Ayla smiled and took the elevator down and walked to parts and services. She walked inside and placed her bag on the table and sat down on a rolling chair. Ayla heard the pitter patter of feet running on the floor and looked down to a pair of yellow eyes and razor-sharp teeth. "Hey, Fetch. Wanna be my partner?" She smiled, petting him. The dog walked over to one of the shelves and grabbed a toolbox and walked back over to Ayla, setting it on the floor.

Ayla took the toolbox and rolled herself over to another table that had something covered in a blanket. An animatronic. It was mostly just an endo and didn't have any casing yet. Ayla opened the toolbox and held a hand out to the dog. As if he read her mind, Fetch pulled a wrench out from the toolbox and Ayla lifted the covers and tightened a couple of screws. Fetch then grabbed a screwdriver and Ayla opened up a latch, revealing some wiring and gears. She placed in some gears and more wires, tightening them up and shut the latch back on. "She's almost done." Ayla smiled, placing the covers back over the animatronic. "Now to work on my arm. It's so hard to move."

However, Ayla wasn't alone. As she was working on her arm, a shadow quietly crawled on the ceiling as they watched her and slowly lowered themselves down to her. Then Ayla heard a glitchy and raspy laugh behind her and she was attacked when Moon tickled her sides. "Moon! Stop!" She laughed, trying to push Moon away from her.

"Naughty! Naughty! Liar, liar pants on fire!" Moon spoke as he tickled Ayla more. "You said that you were coming back!"

"I got carried away." Ayla gasped. "Please stop tickling me!" Moon glanced over at the sheet, seeing something lying on the table.

"What's this? What's this?" He asked and started to slowly lift the sheet. Ayla quickly grabbed his wrist, stopping him.

"Now who's being naughty. You can't peek. It's a surprise. For you and Sun." She told him.

"Can I at least have a look? I won't tell Sun! I promise! Cross my gears, I won't lie!" Moon insisted.

"The answer is still no." Ayla laughed. Moon whined. Ayla stood up and placed the toolbox back on the shelf. "So, give me a run-down of the daycare. Anything exciting happen?"

"A couple of kids fell off of the jungle gym, one skinned their knees on the carpet, one threw up, and several covered Sun in paint." Moon told her.

"It sounds like you guys have your hands full. Need some help?" Ayla asked.

"Yes! Yes! Sun's going insane!" Moon grinned and started to drag Ayla towards the doors.

"Okay! Okay! I'm coming! Let's go." Ayla smiled and walked with Moon back to the daycare.