TWENTY

"You must be texting your man," Olivia said to Sevyn whose face was glued to her phone with a smile

"He is not my man Olivia."

"But you want him to be," Olivia said with a smirk.

"And do."

"And when are y'all going out?"

"The day of the barbecue, he's planning the first part of the date and I'm planning the rest," Sevyn told her just as Laura and Jordan came into the room.

"Please?" Jordan begged.

"No!"

"Ma?"

Turning to face him Laura said, "I already gave you your phone back, Jordan. I am not giving you your car keys."

"OK, fine. Can I at least use the account to order a ride? Look, I have... I have a thing tomorrow night." Jordan said.

Sevyn rolled her eyes she knew when her cousin lied and he was a terrible one at that, they already knew that it was a girl that he was taking out on a date.

"Does this thing have a name?" Laura asked already knowing what her son had planned.

"It's not a date." Jordan lied.

"He's a terrible liar," Sevyn whispered to Olivia who nodded her head in agreement.

"What part of "grounded" is confusing?"

"Look, Cara doesn't have a car, all right? And I told her I'd help her out. Am I not allowed to help out a friend in need?"

"Bullshit," Sevyn whispered to Olivia.

"I'm sorry, Jordan. I didn't realize how hard it is to be you right now." Laura told him sarcastically while going to put her laptop in her bag.

"Thank you. So was that a yes?" Jordan asked not catching that she was being sarcastic.

"Nope. Stop asking." Laura said before leaving.

Looking over at Sevyn and Olivia who were watching the whole thing with a smirk, "What, you two got something witty to say?"

"Yes, I do, but I'm going to keep it to myself," Sevyn said with a laugh.

"And I also have a solution to your complicated dating life." Olivia offered.

Moving closer to the two he started, "I'm listening. Go with me and Sevyn to Dad's reunion barbecue tomorrow."

"Won't Grace James be there? The whole day will just be a huge reminder of what happened." Jordan asked making Sevyn roll her eyes while Olivia lifted the keys.

"My car tomorrow night. Just go to the reunion and hang out with Dad." She offered.

"You're bribing me," Jordan concluded.