Part 28

"This feels like an interrogation," you grumbled, crossing your arms and looking out the car window.

"Maybe because it is," Craig stated bored, taking a bite from his burger.

The two of you grabbed McDonald's to eat. The almost tradition of getting fast food and then parking the car in a random parking lot. Doing stuff like people watching, showing each other memes or new music, and catching up. It was a comforting habit that the two of you formed the second you guys got your licenses.

You ignored him and took a sip of your drink before looking out the window once again.

"You're aware that you can't ignore me forever, right?" He pointed out.

"I can draw it out long enough for you to forget though," you stated, mainly hopeful because Craig never let anything go.

He hummed mockingly, "Yeah, sure you can."

"Can you at least let me be drunk for this conversation?" You pleaded.

"No."

You gave in, "Ask away then."

"How long have you guys been dating before I found out?" He started out.

Now you started to feel like you should have talked this through with Kyle. "It's kind of a blur, honestly. Emotions got so tangled when him and I started talking," You sighed out, pulling all the stops to make this believable, "The day after the party is when he asked me, though."

"So I was too far out of the loop?"

"Not at all, Craig," you said. You finally pulled your gaze from the window and looked at him. He looked relieved. The fact you didn't close him out as much as he thought you did comforted him.

"How long did you like him before, though?" He asked next.

"As I said, I don't really know. Emotions got really blurred," You laughed past an actual answer.

He took another bite of his burger, you taking a fry as well, before clearing his throat, "Have you guys done anything?"

You choke on the fry you were eating, "What?"

"Have you guys -"

"No, I know what you meant, Craig," you cringe, "But why do you have to ask?"

"You had a hickey."

"Doesn't make it your business," you grumble, taking a proper bite of your food after.

The look he gave you showed that he heavily disagreed.

He seemed to have nothing to say, which was very unlike him. When it came to guys, he always asked all questions possible and then interrupted the date no matter what you answered.

"Why are you not asking more questions? You're never this chill," you point at him with your fry.

"Just don't want to push you way," he muttered.

"What?"

"You already didn't immediately tell me you were dating him, I don't want to push you further away," he continued.

You were taken aback from his words. Sure, Craig pissed you off, but him worried that he was going to push you away was a first. "How come you never cared before?"

"Didn't realize how overbearing I was," he looked away. He took a deep breath, "Honestly, I'm glad you're with him. He's not an idiot like the rest of the guys you choose."

"I thought you didn't like him?" You questioned, looking at the back of his head.

"I'm okay with him. I just hate his friends. I know he has a good head on his shoulders," he shrugged, looking back down at his lap.

You looked down at your food, basking in his reasoning. Relief was running throughout your body at the fact that Craig was finally backing off. "What made you decide to be chill about my relationships?"

"Tweek yelled at me finally. Snapped me into reality that I can't protect you from everything," he admitted. "Doesn't mean I won't beat the shit out of Kyle if he breaks your heart," he quickly adds on.

"I don't think we have to worry about that," you laugh.

"So he's good to you, right?"

"What do you mean?" You ask, picking up your drink and taking a sip.

"You mentioned how he kind of puts you down. Does he still do that?" He reworded.

You snort, "Not at all, we sorted that out quickly. He does do that anymore."

"Good," he paused, "What did he brate you about anyway?"

"My drinking," you looked away.

"Figures."

"How can you say that?" You questioned, not believing what he just said. That fact he was doing something he tried to make sure wasn't happening. "How can you sit there and tell me exactly what I told you I didn't like hearing?

He just sat looking at you, so you continued, "My life. My fucking rules. You berate me in the same way Kyle did. You just aren't as good as a guy to change like he did."

"You don't understand -"

You cut him off, "No, you don't understand. This is how I chose to live, so you need to deal with it."

"I'm sorry," he sighed, "I just don't like seeing you that way. I get that I can't get you to stop, I just want you to be okay."

"Too bad," you crossed your arms, "Learn to deal with it or leave. It'll suck to see you go, but neither of us needs that."

"I don't want to lose you," he grumbled, resting his head on the head rest, staring at the roof of the car.

"So?"

"I'll stop talking about it," he gave in.

You let the angry leave your bones. Accepting the fact he hated what you were doing to yourself, but for you, he was willing to ignore it. "Thank you."

The two of you let the conversation pass and finished your meals in a comfortable silence. Subtly watching the people that left the mall you guys were parked next to. Every once in a while, pointing out someone tripping or being obnoxious.

"How's Tweek?" You ask after a while.

"Good, he's starting a new medicine to hopefully ease up a little," he answered.

"You guys till going to the Halloween party?" You question.

"Yeah, we're going to get amazing outfits," he laughed, "Can't say we're going to exactly match, though."

You pouted at that, "Why not?"

"We can't agree on the same things, mario themed, though."

"Good, the whole group is dressing up."

"Can't promise I'll be there for long, you where -"

"Where Tweek goes, you go. I know, and I respect it. Who knew you'd be such a caring boyfriend," you teased.

"Shut it," he blushed slightly, turning away once again.

"Seriously, though! Who knew your little elementary relationship would end up here," you cooed. "You guys even lasted through the treacherous tween."

"You realize you have a relationship I can make fun of now too, right?"

That shut you right up.

Authors Note:
A tad shorter than the last two, but I didn't want to do a scene change mid chapter.
Idk how much I'll write. I don't want to get hopes up. I just got bad medical news, so I'm not doing too well right now. I won't give up in this story, though.