⇢ 07. surprises, surprises

TWO GHOSTS.
07. ❛ surprises, surprises.

STUMBLING BACK AT THE FORCE, Sofia wrapped her arms around her friend in return, spinning around, "Hey, Ro!"

Aurora squeezed her arms tighter around her friend before letting go and placing her arms on Sofia's shoulder, "Oh, you have no idea how happy I am to see you!"

"What are you doing here so early?" Sofia laughed as she glanced at her friend up and down, "I thought you weren't coming until later?"

"Yeah, well, we just couldn't wait to see you." Aurora shrugged as she placed her hands on her hips, smiling wide, "Now, where's my niece?"

"'We'?" Sofia raised her eyebrows and looked behind Aurora, where she spotted Lando Norris giving her a wink, "Oh. You."

"Yes, me." Lando puffed out his chest and lifted his chin, "You've got a problem with that?"

"Oh, shut up, Lando." Sofia rolled her eyes before she pulled her best friend's boyfriend into a hug, dropping the act, "Come here."

Lando let the dramatics fade and laughed as he hugged the girl back, rubbing her back up and down before pulling away, "Man, it's been too long since we saw each other. I missed you."

"Not long enough." Sofia sighed but then laughed when Lando playfully pushed her shoulder back. "Okay, okay, I missed you too."

"That's more like it." Lando smiled as he placed his bags down, too. Both he and Aurora were going to be spending the next week with Sofia before he left for the next race.

"Enough chit-chat." Aurora interrupted as she giddily smiled, "Where's Jules?"

"Ouch, I'm hurt you're more excited to see her than me." Sofia held a hand to her chest playfully before walking back into the kitchen, where she pointed out her daughter, "She's in the kitchen. Jules, look who's here!"

Jules placed her utensils down and turned around, her eyes going wide with excitement as she caught sight of the two individuals. "Uncle Lando!" She squealed and jumped off her chair, running into the arms of the Formula 1 driver.

"Jules!" Landon squealed to match her enthusiasm and bent down to pick her up in a hug, swinging her around as they giggled together.

"Ouch," Aurora's mouth dropped in shock as she watched the six-year-old run into the arms of her boyfriend, "I cannot believe she's more excited to see him than me. It's not like I've known her throughout her whole life or anything."

"Now you know how it feels." Sofia winked at her best friend before returning to the kitchen, "Do you two want waffles? Jules and I made some, and there's still batter left."

"Yes, please." Lando nodded and set his "niece" down on the ground, letting her run to his brunette girlfriend, "Are they Belgian waffles?"

Sofia nodded and started making the waffles, "Yes, because Jules said that your waffles are, and I quote, 'so much more fluffier, like a cloud.'"

"As she should." Aurora chirped in, Jules now in her arms before she set the kid down in her seat, "Lando's waffles are heavenly. I don't know what he puts in them, but damn!"