Chapter 08

"Wow! So fancy!"

Raon, Ohn, and Hong, who were now in their human forms, were eagerly glancing around the room, which was wider and more luxurious than the ones in the inns they had been in throughout their journey. 

Still full of vigor, not even the slightest hint of exhaustion can be seen after yesterday's meeting with the noble and the excommunicated priestess.

As for their guardian, without even pausing to take a look at his surroundings, he immediately slouched down on the couch, evident of a lack of sleep in his eyes as if he hadn't taken enough rest.

Sitting next to him was Wynter, also in the same predicament. Drain of energy, and still not used to her current state of her body, while keeping the same pace with the kids.

"My lord, if you continued to sit like that, your suit would be creased. That also applies to you, young miss. You'll ruin your clothes."

"I could care less."

"...want to sleep."

Both responded at the same time, prompting Liam to convey his sympathy to the two.

Most of the time, these two will be left in bed as the others get ready for the day.

However, today is of utmost importance. 

Surprisingly, even in the midst of his hectic schedule, His Majesty Zed Crossman, the reigning ruler of the Roan Kingdom, had subtly granted them the opportunity for a meeting.

Though, as a servant, he shouldn't question his master's acts, even if they were loaded with questionable ones, Liam couldn't help but be intrigued by what was written for the king to return a respond to his correspondence with the help one of his personal knights, who normally hid in the king's shadows.

The butler tilts his head and casts a glance in the direction of the redhead, who was about to nod off while resting his chin in his knuckles.

'Why does it appear that the young lord looks more worn out than usual?'

"Liam."

As the noble's tired voice abruptly erupted, jolting him out of his reverie, he flinched but immediately recovered his calm.

"Is there anything you need, Lord Cale?" 

 The butler instantly understood what was going on and moved near the man to mend his shriveled clothing as Cale slowly rose up and raised his arms halfway.

'He's coming.'

Heightened perception was one of the traits he received as a result of his pact with the white owl.

Because of this, he has a natural ability to perceive everything that is going on around the king's palace, making it impossible for him to miss anything that even the knights hiding throughout the vicinity cannot keep hidden from his senses.

'Only one person is trailing him. Is he that confident?'

His flawless face was marred with a frown as he peered behind the door, where he could make out two people, the latter of whom was shrouded in some sort of sorcery that entirely concealed his presence.

"Hong, Ohn, and Raon, come over here. Wynter, you can rest later and stand by my side."

The children gravitated toward the noble right away, and the girl with the locks of falling snow was unwilling to get up from the solace she had found on the couch.

Unfortunately, she was dragged up by her ravenette twin without even putting up a fight, and the oldest of the known kids immediately tidied up the clothes of the 'younger' girl.