Part 6

-I'm sorry! I know you had that meeting today, but I didn't know who else to call! I really tried to call, but everyone was either out of range or busy....- Jennie said, tearfully, on the verge of collapsing.

-Hey! Never apologize for asking for help with anything, okay?.- the Thai woman smiled as she gently kissed the girl's forehead and walked inside the house, holding numerous packages in her hands.- But we still need to call specialist for Jasmine, if you don't mind, I can call him....

-Okay, if you trust him, sure. - waiting for her to put the bags on the table as if her life depended on it, she shortened the distance and nuzzled the base of her neck, feeling calm for the first time since her daughter's fever.

-I promise everything will be fine...- Lisa took out her phone from her pocket and opened a dialog with an acquaintance who owned a private clinic.- Let's give medicine to the princess for now?

While waiting for the doctor, the couple spent the whole time with the baby, who was capricious, even if always smiling, when the heiress Manoban covered with a toy and said various silly things in baby voices. At that moment, when Lisa in an expensive pantsuit smiled like a madwoman when Jasmine ate a spoonful of soup, even if part of it remained on her snow-white shirt, Jennie realized she was the one for her. It would seem that her daughter was of the same opinion, watching every movement of the guests with awe, only occasionally knocking over the spoon, although before that she didn't want to hear anything about food and started crying if she tried. When the doctor arrived forty minutes later, Lisa took the baby in her arms and put her head on her neck and went downstairs to open the door as if it were normal for them.

-Thank you so much for coming at such a late hour, Jonghyun.- the Thai woman bowed slightly to her good acquaintance and let him inside.

-No problem! I'll never forget that dinner in honor of the opening of our clinic.- the man took off his shoes, trying not to look at the girl standing a few steps away from them.- I suppose this miss is the reason for our meeting?

-Yes, but can I get you to sign?.- Lisa said, holding the little girl's hand out of her Montblanc briefcase, which usually contained only work-related documents on transactions and purchases, and a confidentiality agreement.- I hope you don't take this request as an insult. I promise to pay for the examination and necessary treatment in triplicate.

-No no! I understand everything perfectly well and there's no need for triple payment.- immediately signing not without a smile said Jonghyun, not for the first time in his career signed such an agreement before the examination of children.- So can I know the full picture?

-Please come into the living room where it will be more comfortable.- still holding the girl in her arms, the Thai woman looked at the idol, who had been silent all this time, just watching.- Jen? Will you please tell full information?

-After a nap at lunchtime she had a fever and started to get cranky.- began Jennie, looking at her daughter nestled comfortably in the strong arms of the Manoban heiress.

The whole examination took about half an hour during which Lisa asked more questions, after all, it was one of her first experiences of real interaction with everyday aspects when you have a child while the idol having received confirmation of the non-seriousness of the disease calmed down and only watched everything. Such a show of care on the part of the girl and the way she listened attentively to every word of the doctor distracting only when Jasmine demanded attention made the mistress' heart flutter. She dreamed of such a companion and father for her daughter when she was pregnant, but now a year and a half later she sits in her house on the outskirts of Seoul and observes how officially no one in terms of status shows Jasmine more attention and care than Kai even while she was pregnant. The ex has prioritized his career while Lisa has proven time and time again over the weeks that they've been together that between her family business and their budding relationship, she will always find a balance or choose the relationship. After saying goodbye to Jonghyun they decided to cook dinner and then have a movie marathon because tomorrow was a day off and they didn't plan to leave the house, but Jasmine agreed only one thing had to be in the arms of a Thai woman or the whole house would be filled with loud screaming in the blink of an eye.

-I wonder who that is?.- Jennie mumbled, wiping her hands with a towel as she walked toward the door.

-As soon as I read it, I came right over! Is Sooyeon all right?.- Irene said, throwing her bag into the corner of the hallway.

-She has a cold...- replied the idol nervously, casting wary glances at the kitchen door, because while Nayeon was supportive of the idea of starting a relationship, Irene and Jisoo and her mom were adamant.

-Good! Where's beautiful Soo..?- she asked with a raised eyebrow at the unusual silence.- Jen?

-Nini? Who's here?.- continuing to kiss the baby's cheeks, causing laughter, Lisa came out of the kitchen.- Uhm.... Hello?

-Who is it?.- Irene's whole body tensed at the presence of a stranger in her friend's house.

-Pranpriya Manoban..- said the Thai woman, holding the girl from falling and bowing respectfully, coming as close as possible to Jennie who remained silent.- Your name?

-Bae Joo-hyun.- the girl frowned even more as she watched carefully.

-It's very nice to meet you.- Lisa put her free hand on the landlady's waist, now feeling tense.- I'll go finish dinner.

-Wait! Can I have my niece?.- Irene stopped the girl on the spot, but as soon as she tried to take the baby, she clung even tighter to Manoban, whimpering at every attempt.

-You better not try any more or she'll have a tantrum in here.- Jennie entered the conversation for the first time, fixing her daughter's sweater.- Lili go in the living room, okay?

-Okay, we'll be waiting for you sunshine.- Lisa smiled as she went to her room to give her some privacy.

-Who the hell is she, Jen?!.- Irene growled as soon as the couple was out of sight, not hiding the rage in her voice, because every time her friend had someone else, she ended up getting her heart broken.

-She's already introduced herself to you!.- the landlady threw her arms across her chest defensively.

-That's not what I'm asking!.- she muttered irritably, as she wanted to protect her.- Why the hell does she already know Sooyeon!

-First of all, this is strictly my relationship, which isn't there yet!.- Jennie replied sharply, though she partially understood the reaction.- Lisa met Jasmine because she decided to, and as you can see, they're more than getting along! So accept that fact and stay for dinner! If you want to, of course. We made dakjim.

-I still don't trust her...- Irene snorted like a child, looking at her friend.- Can I have two servings?

- Can I have two servings?