Chapter 9.5

Within the confines of space itself, a desolate structure stood afloat, drifting away into the darkness. The building itself was not dark however, as bright as the sun as if it has blessed it with its rays of light. Two beings sat within the middle of it, speaking in a language no mortal would ever understand or comprehend.

"She has finally broken, hasn't she?"

"Yes. Our connections with her are severred, unless we get ahold of her, it will be extremely difficult to bring it back."

"Very troubling, indeed... Where has she gone?"

"I'm... Afraid I do not know, she is as cunning as you, and as difficult to find as Yurasia was and still is."

"That would put our search in a standstill. No matter, a century or two of delay will not hurt us. Find her."

With a sigh, the one who gave the order twirls the wine glass in her hand, her cheek resting on her fist. The first individual left, and another one took his place, this time this one held a much more regal appearance, his scars apparent.

"Berenick... Not right now, I am not in the mood for one of your 'Corrections'."

"Crysta, you're not sulking I hope."

"How can I not? We have been searching far and wide, and yet... We cannot seem to find any signs of her. Yurasia... Just where are you now, I wonder? And now, Teressa has been deemed missing as well. I already cannot stand the fact that Yurasia may actually be gone, but for Teressa to disappear, too? I can no longer handle the strain that it is giving to my spirit."

"Yet, you seem more resolute than ever, why is that?"

To that question, Crysta's wine twirling seized. Her expression turns to that of silent anger as she stares directly onto Berenick's eyes.

"We were outcasts once. For each day that we lived, we would always wonder, 'Would I make it to tomorrow?' There was no hope. No other way of living. Many of us died, trampled by the burdens of time and our bodies. Forced to be reborn hundreds of thousands of times, living the same torturous life each second. That hellish cycle stopped with the arrival of a single individual. She took us in, helped us grow, helped us get stronger! We became brothers and sisters under her command and care, and look at where it has gotten us now."

"Indeed, if it not for her, we would've been stuck in that world for all eternity, or, until the world itself collapsed. We are indebted to her, we never did have a chance to pay her back. Many of us have lost hope of finding her, parting ways, each finding their own directions. You must ask yourself at some point, for how long must we search in this futile endeavor?"

Crysta scoffed, taking a small sip from her glass of wine before standing up and walking towards the window, staring into the void that is the space they find themselves in.

"Had you thought this was actually futile. You would've left long ago. What is it you're planning? Why did you come here?"

Berenick sat down on one of the only two chairs in the room.

"Guess."

"That you've come to overthrow me and deal with this issue yourself? To eliminate me and free yourselves from this work I have put you all on?"

"I see you still have time for jokes. That's good at least."

"Then what? I have not in the mood for charades berenick." She growls.

"I may have found a trace of something you'd find quite interesting. So called 'Angels', a familiar word, but they are nothing like we've all encountered so far. They used to serve under a God named Veldanava and I have studied each world the Angels have attempted to reside in. As I did so, I felt a familiar presence. The overall strength is weakened, but the energy it presented is undoubtedly similar... Crysta, for the first time since the foundation of this faction we've created, I may have finally found a faint trace of Yurasia."

There's a slight change in Crysta's demeanor, a spark reigniting as she stares at Benerick in slight shock. But regardless, she thought to herself, she couldn't show any excitement yet.

"Tell me more about this Veldanava."

-----------------------------------------------------------

A non-canon chapter, may be subject to change. I'm a little burned out, not because of the story, just in general. If this receives neutral or positive reviews, I may include this into future chapters and delve deeper on who they are and their connections to the tensura verse in this fanfic.

Sorry for the inconvenience.