Chapter 6

Chapter 6

“Uhh…”

“No, hey, ah… baby…?”

The child continued to wail. Noah’s mind turned blank; she had never seen him cry like that before.

The child will not stop crying!

“Are you the one who abandoned the child?”

At a loss, she could not comprehend nor respond to the man’s inquiry.

“Why are you crying? Did this man hurt you? Did you do something bad?”

“Excuse me.”

Park Noah snapped back to reality as the stranger’s stern voice echoed in her ears. Her eyes scanned the man before her whom, in an instant, she recognized.

A tall man with black hair, glaring with those rare violet eyes, and wears a uniform with a gold brooch on the black line worn by Laurent investigators.

The witch couldn’t care less for this man’s appearance. What bothered her was his formidable character. 

“Kyle Leonard?”

“It’s an honor to be remembered, Lady.” The man put his hand inside the uniform, pulling out a small notebook and pen, and spoke professionally. “You haven’t answered my question yet.”

“What question?”

“I asked if you abandoned him.”

“I did not! In fact, I was trying to return him to his guardian.” The witch protested. However, Leonard seemed to doubt her. “Is that so. But the child didn’t say that. ”

“Yeah?”

The child, sniffing with his face buried in Leonard’s shoulder, raised his head. Then he shouted, his voice cracked from crying. “Don’t throw me away!”

“Huh?”

“I’m not going to drink milk. I’m not going to put a blanket on…I won’t bother you. Don’t send me to that scary man!”

Not until yesterday, you’ve only been babbling, and you’re talking now? Although the pronunciation was slightly off, it was understandable.

Noah was becoming alarmed at the dragon’s growth, which was exceptionally fast, and the consequences she might have to endure in the future.

“What is the Lady’ relationship with this child if not a guardian?”

“Nothing. I swear!”

However, the man simply turned a deaf ear to the witch’s plea. The little dragon ran to Noah, clasping his arms around her neck. 

“Master…”

Silence. 

The man echoed the child, frowning at the witch. “Master?” 

In an instant, tension grew palpably as misconceptions rose, worsening the situation. She was engulfed with hopelessness.

“What is he talking about now? No, Sir Leonard, this is not my child. I first saw him six days ago, and no matter how hard I tried to send him back to his guardian, he always comes back…”

“Child abandonment.”

“What? Me?” In utter despair, the witch continued to spout excuses. Leonard was now looking at her as if she were a scumbag, his eyes filled with scorn. “Also, I suspect child abuse. It wasn’t enough for you to abandon your child; you even commanded a three-year-old to call you master. It’s beyond absurd.”