"The Jealousy Unleashed"-Chapter Three

Charlotte's Pov:

I was woken up by the melodious chirping of birds, and as the sun shone its rays on my face, I felt a sense of rejuvenation. It was a wonderful and refreshing feeling.

Well, wake up to reality. Nothing like that happened. I was abruptly woken up by the blaring alarm clock, disrupting any chance of a wonderful and serene morning. The sun's rays were far from gentle as they rudely shone on my face, and I felt anything but refreshed. My mother had to resort to throwing water on my face to finally rouse me from my deep slumber. Needless to say, I must have looked like a living zombie, feeling groggy and disoriented from the sudden awakening.

I greeted her with a half-hearted "good morning," to which she responded with a warning about being late. Panic surged through me as I checked the time on the alarm clock. Realizing the urgency, I stumbled out of bed and raced to the bathroom, quickly going through my usual routine.

Office outfit:

After much effort, I managed to get ready in the dress I had chosen for both the date and office. As I made my way downstairs, I bid a rushed "goodbye" to my family. My brother unnecessarily offered some advice, suggesting that I wake up early and have breakfast with them instead of rushing off. My irritation got the better of me, and I snapped at my brother, calling him an idiot.

"Mom, she's calling me names!" he retaliated, but my mom intervened, handing me breakfast to take with me on the go

"Mom, she's calling me names!" he retaliated, but my mom intervened, handing me breakfast to take with me on the go. I mumbled a quick "thank you."

Reaching the office, I made my way to my cubicle and quickly immersed myself in work. During lunchtime, I headed to the canteen to grab a bite, but my appetite was disrupted when I overheard something infuriating. The receptionist was boasting to her friends about how the CEO called her to his office due to a backache, and she had the audacity to give him a massage, praising his "ripped" muscles.

Suppressing my anger, I couldn't help but burst into laughter at her ridiculousness. She glared at me, calling me names, but I shrugged off her remarks. "Our CEO looked at you?" I retorted sarcastically, "Of course he did. You must be delusional."

She continued taunting, implying that the CEO preferred her company. I rolled my eyes, "Jealous? Please, if he enjoys the company of a dried stick, then I'm glad I didn't touch him."

Disgusted by her behavior, I left the canteen and returned to my cubicle, choosing to skip lunch rather than endure any more of her nonsense. I felt disturbed by the conversation in the canteen when I received a message notification. It was from Asher, and he was confirming our meeting tonight. Unable to contain my frustration, I let out a humorless laugh as I read his message.

"Well, Mr. Knight, I guess you'd enjoy the company of the 'dried stick' a lot more. I won't be joining you on the date. But yeah, you can surely take Ms. Stick," I replied, expressing my annoyance and making it clear that I had no intention of going on a date with him.