[3]

✓

ʜᴏᴡ ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ?
ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ
ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇꜱᴇ
ᴡɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ Qᴜɪᴛ ᴋɪᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʙʟᴇ?
ɪ'ᴍ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ, ᴡɪʟʟ ꜱᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴇʀ ꜱʜᴜᴛ ᴜᴘ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ɪᴛ?
ᴄᴀɴ ᴡᴇ ꜱᴇᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ?

"I would love to walk with you! It would be a pleasure." He said excitedly. He was trying his best to not sound too clingy. He started walking beside Y/N as he continued to look around the town.

As he and Y/N walk, the Kabukimono's heart was racing. Something was making him nervous and he couldn't quite put a finger on it. He couldn't shake this nagging feeling that it had something to do with Y/N.

"Y/N...may I ask you a question?" He asked, stopping them from walking further. They stop in their tracks and turn to face him "Yes..?" They uttered. The young puppet looked up at them with a soft smile, he noticed that they too seemed a tad nervous this time around. He wondered if it was due to him asking something.

.

"Are you a human?" He asked, casually as if it was a normal question he would ask someone he just met. Y/N raises an eyebrow, confused by his question.

.

Kabukimono realizes how wrong it was but the question slipped out before he could stop it. He felt his own heartbeat spike with anxiety and he wondered how they would answer this question. "What do you mean by that..?" Y/N asked, scratching their head.

.

"I...I meant what I said. Are you a human?" He stammered, even if it was weird question indeed. He felt like he really needed to know like his life depended on it.

He wanted to avoid being too vague. No, the reason he asked was because he wanted to know if Y/N was like him, a puppet who had gained a spirit and was granted free will. He felt a little similar to them. He knew they met but.. where?

He had a feeling that the question might not be taken well, but he felt it was better to be open and honest. Being with Y/N brought a sense of calmness that he wasn't used to and he wanted to be open with them even though they met yesterday, he felt like he knew them for years. "Yes. Yes I am human." They replied.

"I...see.." He sighed, for a few brief seconds Kabukimono was relieved that Y/N had answered his question honestly, but he still felt a strange sense of unease. Maybe it was just him but Y/N seemed a bit different all of sudden. Before he could think about it too much, Kabukimono started walking again with Y/N. It was quiet between them for a few moments before the puppet spoke again.

"Did you know that I am not human?" He spoke.

He turned his gaze away from Y/N. Y/N turns to look at their friend. "You're not?" Y/N commented. He took a deep breath and met Y/N's gaze. He had always wanted to be honest with them and he was ready to share more of himself. "No, I'm not a human...I'm a puppet..." He explained.