Chapter 1

TW

TW

"STOP, PLEASE STOP" I scream as HE is holding me up to the wall by my throat.

"Shut up you stupid worthless bitch" He said back in a cold tone before throwing me to the floor.

"Now give me the $20 that i asked for" he said mad while holding out his hand waiting for me to give him the money. Which he is probaly going to use to buy more beer of drugs.

"HURRY UP YOUR MOM AND BROTHERS ARE ALMOST HOME" he yells and i give him the $20 but before he leaves he kicks me a few times in the stomach and ribs.

!!!

I wake up sweating with tears running down my face as i feel a panic attack starting so i try to calm myself down and drinking a small sip of water that i always have on my nightstand just for this. when I finally calm down I know that i wont be able to fall back to sleep i never can no matter how hard i try so i take my noise canceling headphones and sit on the roof listening to some music.

It has been 2 years since he, my father died and I still haven't told anyone about what he has done to me.He was abusing me since i was 4 and the only reason not even my mom knows is because i am great at acting happy and last time i tried to tell someone was in second grade to my teacher and my dad told her that i just wanted attention and when we got home he yelled at me and broke my ribs. He only hurt me though he never laid a hand on my mom or brothers and i'm happy he didn't hurt them it was worth the pain as long as their ok.

I looked down at my phone and it is already 6 am. I was listening to music for 3 hours. I decided to go make breakfast for my family, i made eggs for my older brother Aaron and make waffles for my little brother Caleb and my mom Kia. Today is Saturday and the first day of February break so they might not get up as early as normal so I sat on the couch and watch a baking show called "sugar rush".

I hear foot steps and its Aaron "good morning, Hail's" he says

"good morning, I made you some eggs there on the counter" I say pointing to the food with a fake smile but he doesn't need to know its fake

"good morning" mom and Caleb say in unison

"OH MY GOD, I didn't even hear you guys coming downstairs, oh by the way i made you both waffles" I say as me walk over to the counter to eat together.

"I have to talk to you guys about something after we finish eating" mom said with a nerves smile

"ok" me and my brothers say and we look at each other confused

***

After we ate we all sat around the couch in the living room waiting for mom to talk.