1

A girl, age ten. 

Her eyes are emerald green. Round, too.

She has pale skin and shoulder-length black hair. Her nose and mouth are quite small, like her face. 

She's pretty short. Her limbs are slightly skinny.

This is what I see in my bedroom mirror everyday. Those around me will probably 

I am a girl, age ten.

My eyes are emerald green, just like my mother.

I know I'm not an ordinary ten-year-old girl. I mean, sure, I do ordinary things. Like, I play video games. I watch TV. I eat ice cream. I read books. Stuff like that makes me ordinary. Well, closer to ordinary. And I feel ordinary. On the outside. But I know ordinary kids don't send other ordinary kids running away scared half to death in playgrounds. I know people don't stare at ordinary kids like the way a crowd of gawkers do at the scene of an accident. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but you get the point.

Although I find turning myself into an ordinary kid nearly impossible, I still wish to be ordinary enough so that no one would notice me. I still wish that I could walk down the street with my head up high instead of staring blankly at the ground. If you ask me, the only reason why I'm not ordinary is because no one else sees me that way.

But I'm used to the way people react now. I learned how to pretend I don't see the faces they make behind my back. We've all gotten pretty skilled at that sort of thing: me and Mom, Dad, Lilly. Actually, scratch that: Lilly's not very good at it. She sometimes gets furious when people do or say impolite things. Like, for instance, when Lilly and I were chilling at the playground last week, some older kids started to follow me while making strange noises. I was listening to music on my iPod, so I didn't even know what those kids were doing, but Lilly heard and shooed them away from me. 

To tell you the truth, I can't exactly say I like how Lilly behaves in those kinds of situations, but that's the way she is. I'm not that way. Lilly doesn't see me as ordinary. She says she does, of course, but if I were ordinary, she wouldn't feel the need to defend me as much. And Mom and Dad don't see me as ordinary, either. No one in my family does. I think I'm the only person in the world who realizes how ordinary I am.

My name is Stella, by the way. I won't waste your time trying to describe myself. Just know that I'm a vampire.

========================================================

{Hello, author here. To tell you something freaking confusing, Stella here isn't literally a vampire, but in a way...she is. I told you it's confusing ;) Anyways, stay healthy, and don't forget to drink water and put on sunscreen! Bye~}