epitome of platonic love. right? RIGHT??

SAIKI POV

I'm packing up to go home, looking down at my bag when I hear a jingle of keys above my head. Looking up, I see L/N.

"Omg look we're underneath the mistletoe. You know what that means..." She starts to joke with me, before I press my hand against her mouth. Nobody needs to even hear her make a kissing joke, I don't want rumors.

I can feel her breath against my hand as she tries to decide how to make me take it off of her mouth. As soon as I hear her think about licking it I decide that maybe it's time to let go.

"Good choice" she says, as though she was going to kill me or something.

"What's with the keys?"

"They're my house keys.. for you." she pauses, "Since you come over so often and I'm tired of stopping what I'm doing to let you in."

"I'm going to rob you, thanks." I joke, before she gasps and does some weird dramatic pose in response. The amount of times she makes me roll my eyes daily should be a crime.

"Just leave the tv and games then, crook" she teases me

"As if you have anything else worth taking?"

"...Shut up? Maybe? Ever thought of that?"

"You know I'm right."

"...I have no idea what you're talking about. If I recall correctly, the first time you came to my house you stole one of my tiny plastic animals"

"Oh yeah, I forgot"

"Yeah. Might as well report you to the police just for that."

"Maybe they'll get you for having dinosaurs in your home. They're endangered."

We both go to our respective homes and everything seems fine for maybe two hours, before I hear her thoughts take a turn for the worse. It seems like she's having another mood swing, a bad one at that.

I knock on her door, but am met with no answer. 'I guess she chose a good day to give me keys.'

I unlock the door and make my way to her room, setting my bag and shoes at the entrance. When I walk in to the room I'm met with the vision of L/N sitting on the floor next to her bed sobbing her eyes out.

I stare at her and she stares back at me with tear stained cheeks. I gulp, unsure of what to do from here, before going and sitting next to her.

"..Do you want to talk about it?"

She shakes her head in response, instead choosing to hide her face in her arms. I notice her glancing at my hand and get the idea that she might need support.

Before I can even offer my hand to hold, she leans over and hugs me. I hesitate at the sudden contact before easing into it and putting my one arm around her and the other strokes her hair. I can feel her shaking as she continues to cry against me for the next hour.

Eventually I feel her body still and her breathing slow, looking down to see she's fallen asleep in my arms.

Studying her sleeping figure, I assume that I'm going to be here for a while.

In her sleep I can feel her hug me a little closer and a smile teases at the corners of my lips. A small detail, sure, but it's a well known fact that I tend to be stone faced. I'm glad she can find enough comfort with me to fall asleep like she has.

After about an hour she begins to look uncomfortable in the position shes in. Gently I reposition her so that I'm holding her in my lap, hopefully she wakes up soon. Every time I look at her I feel a new emotion toying with my heart, which isn't something I want to be thinking about while I console my unstable friend.