Chapter One

Anazariah Pov

Anazariah Pov

"Alright— come on pookie" zariah lifted her son on her shoulders then headed out the rooms door.

For the last 2 years, Anazariah was homeless. She got kicked out of the house at 18 for being 'fast' because she had a boyfriend. Two years after she moved in with her boyfriend, she became pregnant. Her boyfriend James was not approval of that at all. He gave her two options, it was to get an abortion, or get out. With Zariah being the person she is, she chose to get out she's very strict about her body and knows that abortions can have harmful effects to it. And she wasn't having that. At All.

After walking the streets of Harlem for an hour, she came across the Sugarhill Rescue Mission— a homeless shelter. She quickly entered the place and signed up to have residence to live there. Even if it will have a long waiting list.

Now two years later, she saved up enough money to buy her own apartment in Sugarhill. The only thing she had to do was inform the owners of the shelter they were moving so they can remove her name from the files.

Anazariah turned left and went down the spiral steps that led to the lobby. She continued walking down the hallway to the lobby until she reached the reception desk.

"Is the C's here?" she asked the person at the desk, letting Zaiden stand on the floor, handing him his sippy cup filled with apple juice since he was getting fussy.  "Yes they're here" the lady answered. Zariah nodded and grabbed his  hand and headed to the office.

Once she made it to the office, she paused in front of the door to take a deep breath while reality settled in.

"I'm really leaving" she said quietly sighing to herself while Zaiden laugh at nothing in particular. Anazariah couldn't wait to be able to live on her own with her son for the first time.

Anazariah knocked on the door quietly but loud enough so that the C's can hear. "Come in" a deep voice yelled. Zariah twisted the doorknob before letting her and Zaiden to the office it was a nice setup. The main colors with gray black and blue. There were two sides of the office, and there were identical in decorations. But the colors were different.

One side was blue while the other one was mostly black. "I'll take you over here" the same deep voice called her to the right side of the office which was mostly blue. "Sit right here" Zariah said to Zaiden and sat him down in the chair that was closest to the right side of the office. She walked over to the to the side which had a name sign on the desk which displayed the name 'Keem Conteh'.

"What can I help you with?" Keem asked her, sitting up all the way in his chair to fix his posture.

"Um, I just I just came to tell you that I will be moving out and we'll need me and my sons name removed from the files" Zariah explained, keeping eye contact with him to make sure that he completely understood.