WastedPotential

(We open on a grassy field and a blue sky as a teenaged boy in glasses and a labcoat approaches the camera looking down at some sort of scanner)

???: This is strange, the scanner says there are strong signals coming from THIS, VERY, STOP, but I don't see anything.

(Just then another person shows up looking at a slightly more beat up and bulky looking scanner)

???: These energy readings are incredible, what in the world could've caused such a thing?

(They both then look up at each other)

(The Second Man introducing himself first)

???: Oh hello. Is that a scanner you're holding?

???: Yes it is? Is that...

???: Yep.

???: So I take it yours is detecting something here as well?

???: Exactly. *the man then looks up*

???: I'm Stanford. *He holds out a six fingered hand as an offer for a handshake*

(The kid then looks at it for a second before shaking it and saying)

???: Sylvester Ashling.

Stanford: Well Sylvester, any thoughts on what this might be?

Sylvester: Not a clue, you?

Stanford: Naturally I would've assumed it was a malfunction but yours seems to be going off too indicating that something may be very off here... or it could just be a coincidence. But the odds of that are very slim.

???: Yes Yes, very strange indeed!!

*The other two look up to see another man approaching with a scanner in hand too*

*The man then notices the two*

???: And who might you two be?

Stanford: I'm Standford, this is Ashling, we were both drawn to this location as our scanners were detecting a high concentration of something here.

???: HOHOHOOOH, what a coincidence!! That's precisely why I'm here!!

Sylvester: We figured.

???: I'm Professor Membrane. It's a pleasure to meet some scientific minds like myself. *He quickly shakes both of their hands excitedly*

Membrane: So, any ideas as to what this is?

Stanford: No, we've been trying to figure that out ourselves, the scanner is picking up something but none of my other equipment is going off, just the scanner...

Membrane: Very strange indeed, and what about you boy who strangely reminds me of my insane son? *The last part is said as a run on sentence without losing the question tone*

Sylvester: Well, I just have the scanner so that's what I'm going by, and it says there's something here. What it is... I'm not sure.

Membrane: Never fret!! If we can put our scientific heads together I'm sure we can come up with a solution and discover the truth behind this mystery!!

???: I Take it you loo- *Burps loudly* -oosers are here for the same reason?

(They look over to see a ban standing in front of a parked hover car holding some sort of scanner in one hand and an alcohol bottle in the other)

Sylvester: Are you intoxicated?

???: Don't know, don't care. Alright step aside morons, I'll show you how a real genius handle this situation.

(The man rolls up his sleeve and a smaller wrist watching looking scanner is seen)

(The man presses a button on it and a wide purple beam shoots out of it as he scans the grass in front of him left and right)

(The man then looks up at them)

???: Yeah, I have no f**king idea.

Stanford: Do you have to be so rude?

???: What are you the "Manner Police"?

Membrane: And who are you my rude fellow?! *Happily*

???: I'm Rick Sanchez, and you guys... are on your own.

*Rick goes over to his hover car and gets inside of it and turns a key but engine failure sounds are heard and rick looks angry, a muffled "F**K!!" is heard and then he tries it again, and again, and again. Then a muffled "D**N IT" is heard and he starts beating on the headboard of the hover car causing it to start to smoke until the entire car is so full of smoke the the windshield can't see anything except the thick smoke*

*The door then opens and Rick quickly runs out and shuts it coughing violently*

Rick: *cough* *cough* Okay whatever is being picked up by the scanner has drained all of the energy from my hover car so I'm stuck here.

Membrane: My Scanner has been going off the charts recently!!

*list of characters in order of appearance*

Ashling (Epithet Erased)

Ford (Gravity Falls)

Membrane (Invader Zim)

Rick (Rick and Morty)

Wakmen (MLAATR)

Untonium (PPG)

Guys in White (Danny Phantom)

*concept, a bunch of cartoon scientists meet up in a spot one at a time showing up with scanners and talk about theories and question what lured them here, it ends with a portal opening up and hooty from the owl house popping his head out and saying something only for the portal to immediately close leaving everyone speechless*