Epilogue (2)

I was awakened by gentle lips that were leaving kisses on my face and shoulders. "Cariño, you have to wake up or we'll be late" his voice caressed my temples and I felt the weight of his hand on my arm.

I gripped the pillow more tightly, bringing it to my chest, and begged him to leave me there for another five minutes.

"I can't," he said, giving me just a few seconds before pulling off the sheet covering me from the fan's jet. "You have five minutes to get up and come have breakfast or I'll come get you."

I hid my face against the pillow and shook my head.

I had been waiting for that vacation for months, but that didn't make it easier for me to wake up at five in the morning to go to the airport. Not even the desire to see Egypt with Pedro was strong enough to drive away sleep.

To sit up and open my eyes, I had to use all the energy in my body. For the next few minutes, I stood staring into space as my mind slowly recovered.

Yawning, I got up to look for the clothes I had packed the previous night.

Since Pedro and I had been together for a few months, he had found some space for my clothes in his closet and even showed me a whole section of his that I could borrow.

When I got up I almost tripped over my suitcase left open so I could put away my pajamas. I quickly looked for what I needed and changed.

"Are you awake?" Pedro asked me, leaning against the jamb of his bedroom door.

Still unable to speak and with my eyes glued together, I nodded and pulled up my shorts. Pedro, unlike me, was ready and his suitcase had been packed for at least two days. Technically mine had been for days too, since the previous evening I had come to sleep with him so I didn't have to worry about setting an alarm and not hearing it.

Pedro reached out a hand to me. "Come on, I made some coffee."

My feet guided me to him even though my mind wasn't working yet. They had moved instinctively, sure that I would always feel good and safe around him.

I took his hand and rested my face on his shoulder. Although I was a burden slowing him down, Pedro didn't complain and took me to the kitchen. My cup of coffee was waiting for me, I drank it without detaching myself from him and enjoyed his warmth with my eyes closed.

"We have forty minutes to finish getting ready and head out," he warned me, brushing a few strands of my hair away from my face. "Oscar said he woke up early and will join us in ten minutes. Is that a problem?"

Oscar, Pedro's best friend, had offered to take us to the airport in his car, so as to get rid of the problem of having to pay for parking for a week. It was kind of him, not only because he had woken up early for us, but he had saved us a lot of money that we could spend on the holiday itself.

"Can't he come later?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Why?"

Pedro drank his coffee in one gulp. I kept wondering how he liked it bitter.

I got on my toes to whisper in his ear. "Because ten minutes isn't enough to touch you the way I want."

The glare Pedro gave me betrayed his lust. "We don't have time."

I walked away from him to put our empty cups in the sink and made sure I crouched under his eyes. "We have. Not much. But we have some."

"Alessia."

"What?"

"We have a week just for us."

I raised my eyebrows. "Does that mean you don't want to?"