Chapter 3

Days turned to weeks and weeks to months. It's been 5 months of them knowing each other. These 5 months have been nothing but bliss for both of them. Vedansh was now Megha's Ved and she was his sunflower.
Both of them loved each other immensely. But back in her head Megha always had a feeling that something might go wrong. And that she is betraying him ...but unable to muster up the courage to speak to him she never took this topic out.

In the span of these 5 months vedansh had changed completely. He used to take less stress now. He smiles often . He feels alive again . His family and friends were very happy for him . He also asked Megha if he can speak to their parents about their marriage but she avoided that topic. Later he got to know that she was an orphan and thought this is the reason why she avoided and didn't ask her again.

Megha moved into his apartment last month after his persistent request . So today he decided to go home early and surprise her . Just as he came out of his cabin he saw Megha enter. His immediate reaction was a big smile but it soon vanished as he saw another colleague of his hold her hand and take her inside his cabin .

Megha knew that he was a doctor but she didn't know the hospital he worked in. And why did he go inside with Rajat.... These are all the thoughts that came to his mind . He trusted Megha but still somewhere he was scared. What if he wasn't enough for her ....

He waited there for an hour and saw her smiling and leaving his cabin. Raging in anger, he went to his cabin, took his collar and screamed at his face .

What the fuck were you doing to her . Why was she here ????

Rajat was confused. Removing Veds hand he spoke loudly. She's my patient, you idiot.

Patient? What happened to her? Veds eyes changed,it showed concern now.

How does it even bother you? Shez my patient . Rajat said while correcting his tie.

She's my girlfriend! I have every right to know Ved screamed again .

Wait, so you are dating her ? Rajat asked again .

Yes ! For the love of God can you please tell me what happened to her!!! Ved was growing impatient .

She is dying.

Numbness is all he felt. He couldn't believe his ears . He left a chuckle in disbelief and said . No shut up . Mazak mat kar . Bata kya hua hai.

Vedansh main jhoot nahi bol Raha. Kyun bhoolunga main . She has blood cancer and she has only 6 months to live . Remember the camp that we went to last year. I met her there and she knows it since last year that she is going to die .We told her that we would take up her case as a pro bono but she denied saying that she didn't want to and that it's her fate  and she would like to enjoy the days left with her freely and happily without being bound to any medicines or surgeries.

Vedansh couldn't believe it . She lied to him . She betrayed him . She's dying.

Without exchanging a word he left from there. Took the metro and went back to his apartment. All the while having a single question in his mind . Why ?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.