Share Our Skin (part 1)

You didn't do that on purpose.

Absolutely not.

But, as you would soon learn, in life you should always prepare for trouble and only hope for it not to become double.

It was safe to say, though, that this time you had fucked up big time.

You had met him at your local cinema.

You had just moved to a new town alone and you had started to explore your surroundings, trying to find some interesting things to do, when you had stumbled upon a nice little cinema, just at the corner of your neighborhood.

You almost hadn't noticed it at first because it was mid afternoon on a Wednesday and it was closed.

The building looked absolutely anonymous but, as you lifted your gaze to the darkening clouds swirling in the sky, promising a storm soon, you spotted a faded unlit white and red sign saying "Cinema" and nothing more.

You made a mental note to try it on Saturday night, though.

You loved going to the cinema, so having one so close was making you feel a little less like a fish out of the water in a town you didn't know well.

Saturday evening came quickly.

You got ready and made your way to the building, finding the sign lit and a small queue of people just outside the door, which was still closed.

You learned that every Saturday evening they showed old movies. That night they were showing To Catch a Thief, one of your favorite of all the time.
You waited in line and about ten minutes later you heard the sound of keys giggling and the door finally opened.

People slowly started to move inside and soon you were standing in front of the ticket booth.

The cinema from the inside looked old-fashioned but the atmosphere was warm and inviting. The first thing you noticed upon entering was the salty buttery smell of fresh popcorn that brought you back to when you used to go to the cinema every Sunday afternoon with your parents.

A little sense of nostalgia about your childhood invaded you and you started to get lost into your head.

You were quickly brought out of your tangled thoughts by a voice, nice and crystal clear.

"Good evening, love. What can I do for you?"

The voice belonged to a boy about your age with curly hair and buzzed sides, a perfect heartstopping smile and the most sparkly brown eyes you had ever seen.

You were at a loss of words.

Your expression must have been incredibly funny because he giggled and repeated himself, his smile deepening even more,making a tiny dimple appear on his left cheek.

It was even worse.

He had the cutest giggle you had ever heard.

You had to bite the inside of your cheek to prevent yourself from getting lost into your head again.

You blushed furiously and averted your eyes from his face, starting to stumble over your words making him giggle again, sweetly.

"Uh...I-I..." you tried to say but your brain didn't intend to cooperate.

You were making a fool of yourself and blocking the line. You heard people behind you starting to complain and you shook your head to finslly get a grip on yourself.

"Uh... a ticket please" you managed to say without looking at him and rummaging inside your purse for your wallet.

"It's 10$" he said, still smiling and as you handed him the money, your fingertips touched his and you felt a little jolt of electricity.